Farewell, My Beautiful Ginger Puss

j

We said goodbye to my beautiful Ginger puss on 05April14. He was 17 1/2, coming to us as an 8 week old kitten as a Christmas present for our two daughters

8yvejaga.jpg

Later, we had a son who shared Ginger's birthday

He was a lovely boy, very tolerant of the kids and he taught them about love, affection and commitment.

He loved a bit of time in the garden

jy6ehaby.jpg

ypu9y6e4.jpg

He was big on quality control and always had to check the standards of any boxes in the house

uty3a5un.jpg

4eheguse.jpg

He also loved "helping", whether it was by sitting on the craftwork I was doing, sitting on the bed I was trying to make, or amongst the piles of washing I was folding

agyneret.jpg

y4eneped.jpg

sahe8yze.jpg

He was always trying to further his education and finally managed to get the 12 X tables down pat

metaru5a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Edited by j

Somehow, no matter what time of day it was, I would always start tiptoeing if I walked into the bedroom and you were still curled up asleep

tyrebuda.jpg

ude4amer.jpg

You shared the first day of school with all our kids, you helped them unwrap birthday and Christmas presents.

y2y5ugad.jpg

You were a beautiful man and I'm missing you like crazy. I was your devoted door slave and now feel redundant.

Thanks for sharing our lives and trusting us with yours. Goodbye is definitely the hardest word

5eqanu6u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Thank you all.

He really has left a hole in my heart.

And only an hour or so after posting this, I got a call from the Vet to say that his ashes had been returned and were ready to be picked up.

To say I didn't have a very productive day at work would be an understatement.

How handsome was he j!

I wanted to ask you to post a pic of him and you have. He is as gorgeous as I thought he might be.

I know you must miss him terribly. How lucky was Ginger puss to have you as his owner. A very lucky Ginger puss indeed.