Bad Breath

Oh sorry he is A senior (guess was 8+) Belgian shepherd. His teeth are nor pearly white but cant see any build of of tarter the vet thinks he had some dental work done and had his top K9 removed at some point.

He has been on this diet only 2 weeks now. He was eating garbage for 3 weeks before that just whatever scraps could be found by the other dog while he was stuck in a backyard for 3 wees and before that no clue

Edited by HappyCamper

Oh sorry he is A senior (guess was 8+) Belgian shepherd. His teeth are nor pearly white but cant see any build of of tarter the vet thinks he had some dental work done and had his top K9 removed at some point.

He has been on this diet only 2 weeks now. He was eating garbage for 3 weeks before that just whatever scraps could be found by the other dog while he was stuck in a backyard for 3 wees and before that no clue

Maybe a combination of adjusting to good food, mild tummy upset because of this good food.

Has a blood panel been done recently? My old boy had one when I mentioned 'his smell'. He needed medication for his thyroid.

Paws crossed for both of you.

Most often, canine bad breath is caused by dental or gum disease. However, persistent bad breath can also indicate larger medical problems in the mouth, respiratory system,gastrointestinal tract, or organs.

Persistent bad breath can indicate that your dog needs better dental care or that something is wrong in his gastrointestinal tract,liver, or kidneys. In all cases, it is a red flag that should be investigated by a vet.

In the mean time if this were my dog I would add some apple cidar vinegar to his food and a probiotic such as inner health or protexin.Sometimes adding dietary enzymes with dogs fed on commercial food helps too –something like thrive D.

If it sticks around you need a diagnosis.

Edited by Steve

Doesnt smell like anal glands and it is actually subsiding a bit so I am hopeful that it will pass with the good diet. I will be taking him in for a check up in a few weeks anyway just a general check over so will make sure to mention the tonsils etc

My toy poodle Charlie who is 5 had disgusting breath and was unwell over the Christmas period. Although he seemed to recover he was vomiting once a week. He just had his appendix out and is totally energetic now and his breath has actually improved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD