Dogue De Bordeaux Question

MelissaS

Is any breed safe from the blue craze? I now am seeing blue and tan Kelpies pop up and of course they are more expensive because its a rare color. Sigh when will people learn to choose a dog for temperament and health rather than color.

Dilute kelpies have existed for years.

Is any breed safe from the blue craze? I now am seeing blue and tan Kelpies pop up and of course they are more expensive because its a rare color. Sigh when will people learn to choose a dog for temperament and health rather than color.

Yes thats why I laugh when they say its a rare color. I still see people say "rare blue am staff" just gotta laugh I just never understood someone paying a ton more for a dog based on color.

ETA: I am sure that we will see more and more blues as once people catch on that you can charge more for a blue kelpie and it will sell faster they will head that route which is sad because people will then not focus on the important things like working ability, conformation

Edited by HappyCamper

we had blue kelpies/border collies (farm bred) 40 years ago :)

If that puppy has even ever been near a DDB then I'm Miranda Kerr :rofl:

Oh now skyefool, a DDB "may" have wandered past the front gate at the time of conception. Ya just never know. *wink*