Beauceron Needs A New Home

brightstar123

Hypotheticals. That's all they are. What people feel about made up scenarios in their own minds has nothing to do with this dog. And there is more to a story then is usually plastered all over DOL. It's ok, there are actually people out there capable of looking after a dog and doing the right thing without the DOL brigade having a panic attack over it.

The dog is also a male and as for breeding, there was never any mention of that happening in any way shape or form, and there was never any point where the law was going to be broken either. Again tiny snippets of information are blown up into hypotheticals and insinuations of irresponsibility. Plenty of reasons to have and train and entire dog that do not include breeding in any way.

What happens to the dog is between the OP and the new owner, not DOL to be the peanut gallery.

Hypotheticals. That's all they are. What people feel about made up scenarios in their own minds has nothing to do with this dog. And there is more to a story then is usually plastered all over DOL. It's ok, there are actually people out there capable of looking after a dog and doing the right thing without the DOL brigade having a panic attack over it.

The dog is also a male and as for breeding, there was never any mention of that happening in any way shape or form, and there was never any point where the law was going to be broken either. Again tiny snippets of information are blown up into hypotheticals and insinuations of irresponsibility. Plenty of reasons to have and train and entire dog that do not include breeding in any way.

What happens to the dog is between the OP and the new owner, not DOL to be the peanut gallery.

yes.

I completely trust and respect Nekhbet's integrity on this matter.

Same.

Yes I do too, but SG has explained it well too. I can only wish this dog well, and respect Nek, but we can all have our concerns for the precedent.

In a nutshell this.

:thumbsup:

In a nutshell this.

:thumbsup:

YES......

I see nothing in how this dog's rehoming is being handled to suggest that it isn't being done without care,knowledge and careful thought about its breed, history and requirements.

I'd have thought that was something to commend. :shrug:

One size fits all rescue processes will be appropriate when dogs are a one size fits all proposition IMO.

The fact that it is a rare breed with particular requirements IS relevant to its future.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

I see nothing in how this dog's rehoming is being handled to suggest that it isn't being done without care,knowledge and careful thought about its breed, history and requirements.

I'd have thought that was something to commend. :shrug:

One size fits all rescue processes will be appropriate when dogs are a one size fits all proposition IMO.

The fact that it is a rare breed with particular requirements IS relevant to its future.

just re-iterating ... wish I was eloquent ;)

just want to wish this dog and new owner all the best :-)

I understand that some breeders have be wronged by people and there dogs used unwisely.

BUT we are not all bad people and I think it should be looked at case by case.

I myself have 2 entire males that I work with and my boys will NEVER be used at stud

don't jump the gun and judge every one as a BYB

I think that a lot of people do not realise that the ACT is like an island in the middle of NSW. ACT local government is just like a Council. For instance, a person from Queanbeyan, which is less than 10 minutes drive, goes to DAS & purchases a dog. At the time of sale they give their personal details. When they give a NSW address, ie Queanbeyan, they are asked to complete a stat dec stating that the dog is being transferred interstate..... the mandatory desexing clause then ceases to apply. So there is no precedent & no infringement of law, or local government regulations.

• 2 years later...

Hello, im wondering if this boy went to his new home ? He is the only beauceron i have seen or heard of in Australia. I would love one but do t have the money to import. Do you know of anyone else has any ? 

• 7 months later...

Hey there,

I know this post is from years ago, but by any chance does anyone know of a beauceron breeder in Australia in 2017? I fell in love with this breed a few years back in Canada and France (met them in both countries) and am now at a place I can finally responsibly own one! However I can't find anyone who has them. 

I am seriously considering importing from England or Canada if necessary 

Cheers.

I just looked them up arnt they beautiful dogs, they seem to be all-rounders. Interesting to see a silent herder especially one that looks like a really big Kelpie!

So very intense you could see in the wrong hands it could all go wrong.

I hope this boy found his home and is settled and happy.

This dog was trained by my stepfather and was homed with a job. He is living a wonderful life and is very loved.

There are no other Beaucerons in Australia at this time and no breeders. Anyone who wants one will have to import.

• Like 1