Dogs With A Sixth Sense About Things

Little Gifts

Nope can't say mine have any sixth sense, I've come home and peeked through the window to see Maddie asleep on the lounge legs in the air and Stan in my bed. As soon as the key goes in the door though all hell breaks loose :laugh:

My Rascal is one of these dogs, if I'm not well or feeling down even if I act normal he becomes a Velcro dog. He will follow me from room to room always having to be touching my leg, he will lay on my clothing while I have a shower and sleep on my feet while I cook dinner.

If I'm working he will be watching me from the opposite side of the gate.

He started this yesterday morning even begging to be picked up, not like him at all. I felt fine but exhausted, seemed he was telling me to sit and rest.

Funny you mention that. Every time I get cramps (trying not to be too graphic!) my dog sits across my lower belly. At first I was like 'ah get off, i'm in pain'! but realised she was trying to help me. She is like a walking, barking hot water bottle and it cures the pain so I no longer use pain killers for it. Dogs are amazing.

Oh...Dory has done that when I'm having a very bad back day. Her body and warmth is just the right softness,snugliness and temperature.

I had a cat once, who was not known for her cuddliness. She prefered to sit with you, rather than on you. She would always know when I needed a cuddle if I was sad or upset and she would sit rignt on my chest, nice little hot spot over my heart and would purr her head off. Lifted my spirits no end. She would always tell me and INSIST on bed time when I was in one of the depressed cycles were you just don't go to bed because you can't be bothered. She would not let up until you went. The story of getting her is also a bit of an odd one. She was not liked by any of the vet staff as she was unfriendly, which surprised me. Because everytime I was on shift she would not leave me alone and was more than a bit friendly, she was in my way!

One of the nurses told me I should take her home, but I was house sharing with non-cat likers. So I told them..."if she's still here when I get a place of my own, I'll take her". Months later she was still there, her sister had been adopted and the night before I was due to move into my place I was told that a couple were coming to look at her. They didn't show and so...I ended up with a cat as a house warming gift. :laugh:

She used to always like waking me up by licking the back of my eyelids...you wake very quickly indeed I can tell you.

That's fascinating, essentialdog - not only knowing you are in pain, but knowing where the pain is.

You are getting a double whammy of love: help with the pain and some cuddles at the same time :laugh: :laugh:

Hi Dame DD, yes I certainly am getting a double whammy of love! I love this girl so much. Here is a pic of my little love.

10011236_582434368513256_268127029_n.jpg

Its strange, when we bought the baby home he wouldnt have a bar of her!!!

But now, its a completely different story. He is her little body guard. If she cries he will come running to see whats wrong! Sometimes he will :"cry" along with her :)

If we have any visitors and she is on the floor, he will put himself between the two, or will sit close by and watch carefully.

I had a good friend visit with her baby last week, during the day Maui (my dog) is usually in with DH in his office. But because there were visitors and they were near the bub, he wouldnt leave her, he stayed about 1 meter from her at all times!

She just loves him to bits too :)

Just because I love the cuteness, here they are, he is patiently waiting for her to drop the toast :)

10154492_10152049193280878_6828266475725140960_n.jpg

Aw that is a lovely photo.

Lots of examples of dogs knowing things, but most can be explained if I look hard enough.

A trip to the river one year with the whole family and our very 1st dog tho' thats not so easy.

The dog ( a cattle fox terrier cross) spent the whole time this one day trying drag us kids from the water and running along the banks barking. 1 hour after we left there was a flash flood.