Greyhounds As Therapy Dogs

denali

I have thought my Patch would make a lovely therapy dog. He doesn't know a lot of commands though - he just stands there as greyhounds do laugh.gif

Lilly is a bit too excitable. She has a tendency to climb on people and lick their face embarrass.gif

It's just over 2 hours (2 hrs 20) from where I am so if you like, I've got some leave coming up and Brandi and I could take a road trip. It would cost you a cup of tea and some lunch!

That would be awesome, I'll get some more information about greys as therapy pets and living in facilities etc and while my boss is showing interest get her more interested and then suggest we have you come visit. I'll be more than happy to sort you out for lunch and a cuppa. That's such a nice offer, my boss loves dogs so she's not against it, just the massive paperwork trails these things create. Me, I just see those resi's smiling and nurturing the dogs. I'll pm you but it won't be for a few weeks unfortunately as I am about to have time off and so is my boss but I will be in touch.

CBL if you ever want to look in to it we go through a group called PAWS who operate out of Thirlmere so not too far from you.

Thanks! I will look into it I think. Patch loves anything that will get him pats laugh.gif

I'd love to do that with Harry, but working full time and hubby doing shift work, I don't know we could commit to a fixed day or time, it would have to be amore ad-hoc thing.

Harry is such a love bug, he'd loooove all the pats and cuddles, and he is not very food motivated (so ungreyhound of him)so he wouldn't be too interested in anything on the floor, especially if he's been fed in the last 6 hours or so :laugh:

I live in Nowra, so will look at the PAWS site (have had a look previously, but can't remember the details now)and see if we could be involved.