Probably A Stupid Question - Canon Camera Models

j

With the EOS models of Canon Cameras, are they called different things depending on where you are? Eg - is the 70D the same as a 700D? Or are they different models?

Whenever I look at Lenses on Amazon, they always have a "will this lens fit my camera" and when I go into that, and select EOS, it never has the 700D listed.

Am I missing something? Or are they just called different things in different countries?

The lens mount for the 700D is a Canon EF lens mount or a Canon EF-S lens mount. Both will fit fine :) So you can you use a 70D or 650D for comparison if Amazon's database isn't up to date, as they are all Canon crop sensor cameras.

Edited by RallyValley

The lens mount for the 700D is a Canon EF lens mount or a Canon EF-S lens mount. Both will fit fine :) So you can you use a 70D or 650D for comparison if Amazon's database isn't up to date, as they are all Canon crop sensor cameras.

Thanks for that. I know that with the Panasonic Lumix cameras they are different things in America than Australia, but they are the same camera, so I thought Canon might be the same

The x00D are also known as "Rebel" models overseas - so the 700D is the Rebel T5i model... or generally speaking most of the Canon EF-S lenses should fit it.

The 70D is the next "more professional" model up the chain in Canon... the smaller the number before the D, the better the camera (generally speaking).

I have a 60D, which is the predecessor to the 70D...

T.

Ah, thanks for that. How do you know the co-relation between the X00 and the rebel model number? I wouldn't have guessed that the 700D was T5i - is there some small trick to it?

Canon use the Rebel moniker in the US, and Kiss in Japan.

500D = Rebel T1i = Kiss X3

550D = Rebel T2i = Kiss X4

600D = Rebel T3i = Kiss X5

650D = Rebel T4i = Kiss X6

700D = Rebel T5i = Kiss X7

Prior to that...

300D = Rebel = Kiss

350D = Rebel XT = Kiss Digital N

400D = Rebel XTI = Kiss X

450D = Rebel XSI = Kiss X2

T.