Estimating Full Grown Weight

Yonjuro

Hiya

Just for fun now, as I really have no idea how accurate something like this can be - I found this calculator online that estimates what your puppy will weigh when fully grown.

http://www.puppychart.com

I put Ronin's details in and the estimated weight of 26kg is exactly what the breeder estimated that Ronin will be when fully grown.

and was born

On the date

my puppy weighed

Adult weight:

26.0 kg

And here is a pic of my little (big) monster LOL

post-49154-0-11601000-1397957460_thumb.jpg

That's a great tool - thanks for sharing! I can't remember Nala's exact weights - only vague ideas but from what I did plug in, she will be bigger than Cleo which is what I thought.

If i can find recorded weights, i will try again!

I am only surmising here but I would imagine the older the puppy is the more accurate the prediction would be??? A bit like weather, the closer to the forecast the more accurate the prediction?

Just for fun, here is another pic I too of Ronin today, next to my 6 year old daughter Caitlin

post-49154-0-83143300-1397978155_thumb.jpg

I put in Didi's weight at the moment (30kg) and says she will only be 38.8kg???? Considering she's been consistently putting on 1kg a week I can't see her weight gain dropping off that significantly in the next 6 months but she is also a cross so I can see why the predictions for a purebred Great Dane would differ to her actual weight predictions.

I put in Didi's weight at the moment (30kg) and says she will only be 38.8kg???? Considering she's been consistently putting on 1kg a week I can't see her weight gain dropping off that significantly in the next 6 months but she is also a cross so I can see why the predictions for a purebred Great Dane would differ to her actual weight predictions.

It didn't seem to make any difference what breed I selected when doing it - I think the breed bit just adds the 'normal range' bit to the graph in the top section.

I've been weighing my whippet weekly since 8 weeks until now at nearly 20 weeks (so 3.2kg to 9.8kg now) and the prediction has been between 13 and 14kgs which seems around about right but only time will tell!

I definitely doesn't work for Border Collies. I put in 8kgs at 8 weeks which a few of my boys and one of my girls were and the prediction was 42kgs. Way out from the real adult weight of 17 kgs for the girl and 23-26 kgs for the boys.