16 D Questions

Paying for NSW Lifetime Registration is not a requirement, however our group does include it in the dog adoption fees. We have stopped including it for cats, though. We used to set a $200 adoption fee for cats, which allowed us to pay the $49 rego and still not lose too much money per cat. However, several area rescue groups are adopting out cats for $100-150, so we've had to lower our fee and hence, stop including the rego.

This is quoted from the DLG Circular http://www.dlg.nsw.gov.au/dlg/dlghome/documents/Circulars/08-73.pdf , "The intent of clause 16(d) of the Companion Animals Regulation 2008 is to provide financial relief to animal rescue organisations by exempting them from the requirement to register animals which are in their temporary care for the purposes of re-housing. This exemption provision was formerly contained in clause 17 of the old 1999 Regulation. An animal is required to be lifetime registered immediately following its release from an organisation holding a clause 16(d) exemption. However, it is the responsibility of the new owner to ensure the animal is registered. Organisations operating with a clause 16(d) exemption may choose to register animals prior to release and include the cost of registration in the purchase price charged to the new owner."

Paying for NSW Lifetime Registration is not a requirement, however our group does include it in the dog adoption fees. We have stopped including it for cats, though. We used to set a $200 adoption fee for cats, which allowed us to pay the $49 rego and still not lose too much money per cat. However, several area rescue groups are adopting out cats for $100-150, so we've had to lower our fee and hence, stop including the rego.

This is quoted from the DLG Circular http://www.dlg.nsw.gov.au/dlg/dlghome/documents/Circulars/08-73.pdf , "The intent of clause 16(d) of the Companion Animals Regulation 2008 is to provide financial relief to animal rescue organisations by exempting them from the requirement to register animals which are in their temporary care for the purposes of re-housing. This exemption provision was formerly contained in clause 17 of the old 1999 Regulation. An animal is required to be lifetime registered immediately following its release from an organisation holding a clause 16(d) exemption. However, it is the responsibility of the new owner to ensure the animal is registered. Organisations operating with a clause 16(d) exemption may choose to register animals prior to release and include the cost of registration in the purchase price charged to the new owner."

This is why I have never registered them once they "leave my care" as it says it is the new owners responsibility not mine, also a lot of my dogs go inter state.

Maree

CPR