Pounds In Need Of Winter Supplies. Coats, Bedding. See Details Here.

needs @22 July

PM -Rozzie- for coat donations to Mudgee Pound

Harden Pound needs more winter bedding. Blankets, towels etc. Avoid anything with stuffing so they don't get destroyed by the puppies :) They have plenty of coats ATM- PM Mixeduppup

Coota and Gundagai could do with med/lrg coats - PM Mixeduppup

Walgett needs dog coats. Especially large. - PM Ninahartland

Ive just been asked for some large ones by the Walgett ranger if anyone has any to spare please. Thanks heaps in advance :)

This is address to send to....

Louise Fowler

Regulatory Officer

Walgett Shire Council

PO Box 31

77 Fox Street

Walgett NSW 2832

Large donation of winter bedding from Gillbear needs a lift from Central Coast to Harden NSW

Harden and Cootamundra need wormers.

Central Coast bedding still needs a lift

PM Panto to give prepaid postpack donations and/or tracksuits for upcycling into coats -panto -

Contacts:

-Mixeduppup- -Ninahartland-

Gillbear for central coast bedding pickup profile

Thanks in advance :thanks:

---

A couple of tutorials on making simple jumpers from your old clothes. Doggies get cold too lots of photos and ideas

Edited by Powerlegs

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello, new from Melbourne. We are considering a tibbie as our last dog was a Tibetan crossed with a Pomeranian, and he had a beautiful and independent nature, so fit really well with our little kids (he loved them but when he had enough, he just walked off) and working full time.

I have time available at the moment, to acclimatise/train a new puppy, but will be going back to work (probably 3-4 days per week). I am confused though as to whether tibbies are a suitable breed to stay home by themselves for 8 hours- we are happy to have more than 1, but I don't want them to be at the same stage. thank you for reading.

PS We tried a rescue dog who was expected to be ok with kids and he wasn't- he nipped my child from across the room.

POWERLEGS,

What about the AWL here in Qld they are a no kill and at present swamped with furkids of all shape and sizes.

Such a wonderful thought.

I will keep visiting this thread too to see what rural pounds or small rescue groups are in need and what sizes they want as I have loads of fleece and time to make and send coats at present.

I know Logan Pound has put out a call for smalls and mediums so I'll make them a batch. They should be fine though as the message has gone far and wide to residents. I'll also call AWL. I'd like to help out those with more limited options and harsher conditions though if possible.

Edited by Little Gifts

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, Powerlegs. I got them today. Two pups I have on DOC are currently wearing a coat each. I didn't have anything small enough and it was -1 last night so perfect timing. No smalls in the pounds at the moment but as soon as they arrive will I'll get some pics of them wearing the coats :)

ETA: Both pups and mum are safe with rescue once they've served their time

donations.jpg

Marbles all snuggly in his jacket.

Marbles.jpg

Maisie rockin' the vintage look.

maisie.jpg

Edited by mixeduppup

OK,

Harden Pound needs more winter bedding. Blankets, towels etc. Avoid anything with stuffing so they don't get destroyed by the puppies :) They have plenty of coats ATM- PM MUP

Coota and Gundagai could do with med/lrg coats - MUP

Walgett needs medium to large dog coats. I'm sending the rest of my smalls out there but they do get lots of pups through who will use them all up. - PM Ninahartland

Please PM me, or whoever's name is next to the post.

Aussie Post has a parcel calculator and I've just discovered I can use a vaccuum bag to get up to the 5kg prepaid satchel limit, I could only squish 3kg into a 5kg bag before.

Edited by Powerlegs