Rip Abbie

~Anne~

RIP little Abbie.

Abbie was a silky cross and a rescue who was adopted by my mother in law a few years ago from Paws. It seems we will never know why, but she suddenly took ill and died within hours, on Tuesday.

She was only around 4-5 years old and perfectly healthy until then. It was a dreadful and sudden shock for my MiL. Abbie and her were inseparable.

She was a teeny, tiny little thing who loved her owner. When we entered the house she always came up wagging her tail with a toy in her mouth. When she visited us she was allowed on the lounge and loved looking down at the pugs on the floor. We didn't really allow her, there was just no stopping her! :D

Once, when she stayed with us while my MIL went away for a week, she dug a hole under the gate and escaped! :eek: Thankfully, we live in a small little community and someone saw her, rang the number on her tag and left a message for us to collect her.

Abbie will be greatly missed. My poor MIL is devastated. She hasn't been able to sleep as little Abbie would sleep with her normally.

Thank you everyone. We have a beautiful pic of them both that we are framing for her for Mother's Day. I'll upload it here once hubby sends me the image. It really is a lovely picture and I think she'll be very touched.