Nikon D5200 Digital Slr Camera With 18-55mm & 55-300mm Twin Lens K

Ozstar

Hi All,

I am thinking of upgrading my camera and have been looking at this one nikon d5200 digital slr camera with 18-55mm & 55-300mm twin lens kit

I currently have a Sony A500 and while I love my camera it is starting to get a bit old. I also want to go up in lense size as my biggest is 7-210 and thought it may just be easier to upgrade to the Nikon.

I would love to hear peoples thought, good or bad :)

Leanne

Edited by Ozstar

I had the d5100, before I upgraded recently to the d7100. The d5100 was a great camera, I just wanted to upgrade to the next step.

The d5200 is the revamped version of the d5100, and I think you'll really enjoy it. I will say that the kit lenses are ok, but you may want to upgrade them in future. This is really easy to do and doesn't have to cost you an arm and a leg.

However, if you're going to go Nikon... Investigate getting the 50mm f1.8 lens. It's a relatively cheap lens, and is excellent value for money. Mine rarely leaves my camera!

Edited by KumaAkita

I have a D5100 and am very pleased with it although I want to update soon. If thinking of getting one I would get the D5300 as it's a newer model, the kit lenses are ok (I haven't used either of mine for years now)but it would be worthwhile investing in a 50mm .f1.8 lense.

Thank you for your replies.

After spending most of the weekend on google and youtube I ended up buying the Canon 600D and upgraded the lenses.

It is all very confusing for the newby but hopefully have made the right choice :)

Leanne