R.i.p. Jessie - 1/08/04-27/04/14

fainty_girl

R.I.P. Jessie

Jess was a beautiful and loyal dog, she will be missed :rainbowbridge: .

Jess had a tumour next to her liver and spent 4 nights at the vet. She came home last night and was meant to go back in for another ultrasound on Monday, but she went downhill and our family made the decision to have her put to sleep, so she went peacefully with my dad at the vet :rainbowbridge: .

5402770929_d6fbc5cded_b.jpg

5403388084_f7a7d66cc4_b.jpg

Edited by fainty_girl

So sorry for loss fainty girl :cry:

Jessie was such a pretty girl who had a wonderful, full, happy life by the looks of the lovely photo's

in your beautiful tribute to her. Love Cattle dog's. Wonderful loving & faithful breed.

R.I.P. Jess, beautiful girl :rainbowbridge::angel:

Thank you everyone, it means a lot to me.

Rest easy Jessie :cry:

So sorry for your loss. The cattles sure do get into your heart.

They sure do :( ...Jess had an incredibly strong bond with my mum, she was a velcro dog with my mum from day 1 (Jessie was getting sent to Australian Cattle Dog Rescue and was in a boarding kennel when we met her and adopted her). She was standing on my legs during the drive from Canberra from Sydney and at one point I swapped seats in the car with my mum. Jessie stood on my mum's legs and was glued to her for the next 8.5 years. Last year my mum was very sick and went through cancer treatment with long stays in hospital. When my mum was home, Jessie was incredibly protective of her. If any of us walked into my mum's bedroom, Jessie watched us like hawks and even growled softly at us sometimes! She didn't want to leave my mum's side, even to the point of her just about wetting herself sometimes!

Jess was a real character, pretty eccentric and totally different to my other dog. She was such a vocal and noisy dog, so even with 2 dogs still here, the house is eerily quiet now.

So very sad, beautiful Jessie you were very loved, RIP. hugs to you. I lost my beautiful Cattle girl to liver cancer, sadly it seems it is common in cattle dogs.

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your girl :(. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of symptoms did you see in her before you found out she was sick?

Jessie was sick a few months ago, but the vet never knew why. Although I'm no expert, it wouldn't surprise me if that was when Jess's problem started.

Edited by fainty_girl

They sure do :( ...Jess had an incredibly strong bond with my mum, she was a velcro dog with my mum from day 1 (Jessie was getting sent to Australian Cattle Dog Rescue and was in a boarding kennel when we met her and adopted her). She was standing on my legs during the drive from Canberra from Sydney and at one point I swapped seats in the car with my mum. Jessie stood on my mum's legs and was glued to her for the next 8.5 years. Last year my mum was very sick and went through cancer treatment with long stays in hospital. When my mum was home, Jessie was incredibly protective of her. If any of us walked into my mum's bedroom, Jessie watched us like hawks and even growled softly at us sometimes! She didn't want to leave my mum's side, even to the point of her just about wetting herself sometimes!

Jess was a real character, pretty eccentric and totally different to my other dog. She was such a vocal and noisy dog, so even with 2 dogs still here, the house is eerily quiet now.

So very sad, beautiful Jessie you were very loved, RIP. hugs to you. I lost my beautiful Cattle girl to liver cancer, sadly it seems it is common in cattle dogs.

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your girl :(. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of symptoms did you see in her before you found out she was sick?

Jessie was sick a few months ago, but the vet never knew why. Although I'm no expert, it wouldn't surprise me if that was when Jess's problem started.

It was a while ago now (2010) but I think she had some minor stomach upsets and times where she wasn't interested in eating different things (which she hadn't been like previously). She seemed less tolerant of the other dogs and started to struggle with walking, seeming tired. She seemed to be tripping up on her front leg sometimes, some of these things you can put down to old age but she wasn't that old (I rescued her from the pound and she was already chipped). I had her 2.5 years which made her around 11 or so. In the last 2 weeks of her life, she began vomiting food regularly, it was very digested and would happen in the middle of the night.

I was in and out of the vet regularly for check ups etc, she'd had a total collapse when I'd only had her for a short while so I was always fearful that it was going to happen again and there was never a diagnosis of what caused it.

She remained interested in playing ball which was her obsession, until the last day and I knew it was time. I miss her very much still, she was a wonderful dog in so many ways.

Edited by Her Majesty Dogmad

It was a while ago now (2010) but I think she had some minor stomach upsets and times where she wasn't interested in eating different things (which she hadn't been like previously). She seemed less tolerant of the other dogs and started to struggle with walking, seeming tired. She seemed to be tripping up on her front leg sometimes, some of these things you can put down to old age but she wasn't that old (I rescued her from the pound and she was already chipped). I had her 2.5 years which made her around 11 or so. In the last 2 weeks of her life, she began vomiting food regularly, it was very digested and would happen in the middle of the night.

I was in and out of the vet regularly for check ups etc, she'd had a total collapse when I'd only had her for a short while so I was always fearful that it was going to happen again and there was never a diagnosis of what caused it.

She remained interested in playing ball which was her obsession, until the last day and I knew it was time. I miss her very much still, she was a wonderful dog in so many ways.

Thank you for letting me know. Some of the symptoms your dog experienced were similar to what happened with Jess, particularly with not wanting to eat foods that she would normally eat.

When Jessie was sick in December, she went off her food for a couple of nights and when she totally refused her food one night, later on that same night I looked at her I saw that her eye was bulging. She also developed a rash on her tummy and also experienced vomiting too. She never had much stamina (even when she was 1) and was always lazy for a working breed, but in the past year she did slow down when going for walks and she only needed to be walked for a short time.

I miss Jess, she was a character! I dreamt about her the other night...I dreamt that she walked into the room and I knew I didn't have her here with me, but in my dream I patted her silky coat and put my face near her fur to breathe in her smell. Jess had a beautiful double-coat.

Edited by fainty_girl