Dog Trailers. Dirt Roads. Dust!

A-B-C

Hi all. I have recently purchased my first dog trailer and have converted it to have a roof top tent on top. We headed off camping for the weekend, which obviously entailed a bit of dirt road driving. I'm sure my poor babes would have been bathed in dust. To be honest, it could have been far worse, but I still felt I should have provided them with dust masks. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding keeping the dust out of the trailer so the pups can breathe easy pleeeeeease?

when it's not hot contact over the front and side door vents depending on your make of trailer. Dust seals around the doors

Thanks WiW! Will definitely try that one. (trailer is a Toledo).

How much dust was in the trailer when you got to your destination? In all honesty - how much dirt road driving will you be doing each month etc? If it is only minor - it may not be worth worrying about.

You will have air pockets at the rear of your vehicle and at the back of the trailer (depending also on vehicle type and size). Some vehicles (like 4wd) create more of a dust swirling convection scenario than others.

YOu could close the front vents and leave open any rear vents, however the side vents on the trailer can also suck in dirt.

Generally on really dusty roads, keep your speed down.