Has Anyone Used The Software "animal Shelter Manager"

Colleagues

I am a member of the committee for a rescue group which is involved in conducting behavioural assessments, rescue from pounds, some surrenders, foster carer recruitment and training, vet work, adoptions, home checks, transport of dogs from pounds into care and so on.

We do not actually have a shelter, but a network of foster carers and other volunteers and manage all these processes by the use of both web based tools and spreadsheets and of course MYOB for the financial aspects. It is not always simple to get a quick overview of our operations at any one time and we might rely perhaps too heavily on the corporate knowledge of our individual members rather than a systematic approach.

I have heard that Animal Shelter Manager software might be a very useful tool for us and just wondered if anyone else has tried it at all? or has any other suggestions we could look at.

Cheerily

tess

It's a very nice piece of software... and could possibly be adapted for use by a foster carer network - maybe instead of kennel id's, you could use Carer names?

You can get the free software that you can load up on your own computer so you can test how it works...

T.

ETA - the rescue I was with uses it, and I found the query scripting to get info out was nice and easy to use also.

Edited by tdierikx

We have been using it for more than four years and it works just fine for foster networks. The brilliant thing is that a foster can be entered as " movement to foster home" and can be returned or relocated to another foster home. Thus you can track how many foster homes a particular pet has been in and also how many pets a carer has or has had over the years.

I started with the free, stand-alone package on my PC when we were very small and switched to the hosted version after we grew too large for one person to do all the admin.

I can't speak highly enough of it, and how it's made our record-keeping easier!

Janey

Thank you both so much for this info. :)

Might i ask if the reporting capability extends to assisting the preparation of the dread 16D reports? we have so many different fields on our current spreadsheet... *sigh*

Anyway off to check it out for myself..

cheerily

tess

Damn JaneyA - I threw together my own query to get out the figures we needed... *grin*

Seriously though, it's actually fairly easy to write your own report queries in Shelter Manager - as long as you work out which tables hold the data you want...

T.

1398752816[/url]' post='6472953']

Damn JaneyA - I threw together my own query to get out the figures we needed... *grin*

Seriously though, it's actually fairly easy to write your own report queries in Shelter Manager - as long as you work out which tables hold the data you want...

T.

I am not familiar with SQL syntax, so I didn't spend any time trying to get my old granny brain around it. Robin was able to do it so quickly, he didn't even charge me for it thumbsup1.gif