After Market Products - Battery Charger

j

Just wondering if anyone has purchased after market battery chargers for their camera batteries and if you have had any problems?

My son has used his Christmas gift camera on a grand total of two occasions and has managed to "misplace" the battery charger.

I've been looking on ebay and I can get one for his model camera for less than $10 from Asia. If I want to splash out and spend up to $20, I can also get spare batteries. I'm not interested in the batteries - I've heard too many stories about after market batteries ending in tears and a camera that doesn't work, but I can't see that a charger would have the same problem? (It's a small point and shoot panasonic camera. The batteries apparently have a chip in them which the after market batteries don't and using other batteries will ruin your camera. No idea if it's true, or just a Panasonic rumour to make you buy branded products, but it's not a risk I'm prepared to take)

Of course, he's going away on a school camp tomorrow, so I'm not going to get anything in time for that, but I would like to get something before he goes OS in June. I also don't want to spend a fortune on a branded product if I don't have to, because Murphy's law is bound to come into play and it will turn up as soon as I buy a replacement.

More than likely, but it's actually surprisingly clean at the moment - the beauty of school holidays and the threats of "no sleepovers, no friends over, no movies while your room looks like that." And I went through all his drawers to clean out the clothes that no longer fit and didn't find it. We can find the box, the download cord and instruction manual. Just not the charger.

I have a Panasonic point and shoot as well and of course, the battery in his camera is marginally bigger than mine, so it's not compatible. :mad

Down beside or under the bed?

Down behind chest of drawers or cupboard or desk?

Where does he charge his phone... I'd start by looking near that area...

Did he charge the battery before he used the camera? Can he remember where he charged it / plugged it in?

T.

I charged it for him, on the kitchen bench. It's not in any of the places I normally put chargers after I use them - both my camera chargers were there tho. Not under his bed - we had to make sure there was nothing under there because our old puss liked to sleep under there. All the typical places have been searched. I have no doubt it will turn up at some stage in a very safe place...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Rest easy everyone. It's been found.

In the very last place any teenage boy is ever going to look. His toilet bag! :laugh: Must have put it in there when we were coming home from Uluru for some reason. That's the last time his camera and toilet bag were in the same place.

Unfortunately not in time to charge the battery for him to take it with him on his 3 day hike.