Confused

Bec11

The thing is no one is saying to.fly into it blind. Most posts in this thread have highlighted the importance of picking the right breeder, the right dogs for you and building a relationship, asking questions of them and providing honest and complete answers. I don't quite know what you have your nose out of joint for, tbh, no offense meant. I genuinely don't get it.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who says people blindly trust their breeder 100% they need to find a breeder they trust and develop a relationship with them first. Of course they have every right to say no I don't want that puppy.

I had developed a relationship with my puppy buyers well before the litter was born. We covered in depth their family life and what they wanted to do with their puppy and want traits they liked or didn't. I don't think that is blindly trusting

I did put two puppies on a plane and the first time they saw their dogs was when they got them out of the crate. I wanted those puppies to be the right ones just as badly as they wanted the right one.

People do need to do their research and not go oh that person sells (insert breed here) and I want one so thanks I'll have one sight unseen. That would be stupid.

When I recently got my puppy I emailed the breeder with information about my history, my recent loss, my dog and what I wanted from the puppy. When I went to meet her and the puppies when they were four weeks old she said to me 'I think I know which one is your puppy' and handed me one and explained why she thought she'd be a good match. I had the option to disagree of course, but I agreed with her judgment because she knew them better, in the hour long visits every week I only got glimpses of his personality and interaction with the litter, but I liked what I saw.

He came home three weeks ago- is now 11 weeks- and he's proven to be PERFECT for our household, he's a smoochy, sweet boy who doesn't instigate trouble (participates not instigates!) is very easy to discipline, loooooooves cuddles, and gets along beautifully with my other dog. My breeder told me he'd be all of that. I'm very glad I trusted her judgment.

My last dog I got nearly three years ago from another very good breeder. I didn't pick the puppy. In her litter and the other litter born at the same time there was a waiting list in place and the puppies went in order of the list. I was fourth on the waiting list for a brown girl, there were five brown girls between two litters, I got the fourth born brown girl. She's wonderful and that's a pretty fair way of allotting puppies. If there was a special requirement for show then that would happen differently, but for pets that worked. I bought that puppy sight unseen from interstate, the breeder and I emailed a couple of times a week for about three months and plenty of photos were sent and I trusted the breeder's reputation and show record- I ended up with a fabulous dog.

Both my dogs were selected by the breeder for me. Both came from very reputable top breeders in their breed. Both dogs suit really well. If you trust your breeder I think they are a better judge and know the litter better.