Something Frustrating.

I've noticed over the past year or so and it's getting worse. People are taking photos from here and on the fb pages and creating their own advertisement for the dog that is incorrect. Advertising dogs that I deliberately kept off the fb page because they were rescue only and putting them on fb as 'friendly and just needs direction' and completely omits the rescue only tag. As well as people changing breeds of dogs for breeds they think would make the dog seem better meaning the dog is being adopted under false pretenses as well as completely changing the description of the dog. This makes it very difficult for me as I have to comment on every post i see straightening out what's been said. Sometimes I don't mind and leave it as it's not that bad but other times it's massive damage control because people are calling about a dog that isn't suitable at all and the pound doesn't know what's going on. Does this happen generally? :banghead:

Are we talking about Pound Rounds here? That is how they operate but I don't know of any other groups doing that, highly risky and has ended in many problems for people and their pets.

Not pound rounds so much as just random people with big hearts but no idea. It's driving me insane.

Perhaps in those cases, you could watermark "Release to rescue only" in red over the middle of the images? Watermarking won't stop the deliberate misleaders but if it's just people who mean well but don't know better, that shouldn't be an issue.

Perhaps in those cases, you could watermark "Release to rescue only" in red over the middle of the images? Watermarking won't stop the deliberate misleaders but if it's just people who mean well but don't know better, that shouldn't be an issue.

Good idea.

As for the other dogs that are publicly available, I'm not sure what to do I've put something on the page about ti. But I hate when people are blatantly making crap up about a dog they've never met and it's all incorrect. All I can do is hunt those pictures down and comment the proper description.

Good idea.

As for the other dogs that are publicly available, I'm not sure what to do I've put something on the page about ti. But I hate when people are blatantly making crap up about a dog they've never met and it's all incorrect. All I can do is hunt those pictures down and comment the proper description.

If it's possible (with image size and res), you could include the pound notes or at least the basic, important info on the picture. Use white text with a black outline and it'll be fairly visible on just about any image. I'd include breed (or mix), age, gender, exclusions (pocket pets, cats, small kids, whatever) and some brief info on the dog (eg, crazy high energy or very shy, etc).

Good idea.

If it's possible (with image size and res), you could include the pound notes or at least the basic, important info on the picture. Use white text with a black outline and it'll be fairly visible on just about any image. I'd include breed (or mix), age, gender, exclusions (pocket pets, cats, small kids, whatever) and some brief info on the dog (eg, crazy high energy or very shy, etc).

Ok that's a good idea. I'll give it a go next time around.

Are we talking about Pound Rounds here? That is how they operate but I don't know of any other groups doing that, highly risky and has ended in many problems for people and their pets.

Not pound rounds so much as just random people with big hearts but no idea. It's driving me insane.

I think you must watermark/copyright the photos.

It should help.

I think that is rude to interfer with your work, tbh.

If you are being kind enough to attempt rescues, then you do not need blow-ins doing damage.

Didn't work for us (Pound List) nor did making 'postcard' type things with the notes included. On top of that, you get called a dog killer by all the crazies if you try to have some control over how much you're enabling these pound dogs being flogged on FB with absolute lies as temperament notes.

-eta: actually, if your pound isn't noticed by PR yet, you might have a chance :) the postcards were easy to share and not that hard to make. It's worth a try.

Edited by Powerlegs

It's not just Pound Rounds, happens quite regularly for the pounds we work with too.

People with big hearts who having not been foster carers or worked on the front line don't understand the reality that is rescue

I just had a chat with the admin on our local buy and sell page and convinced her to delete someone promoting PR. After looking at his personal page it turned out he wasn't even in Australia, he was in the Philipines and was a member of some international group that goes around putting rescue links on facebook groups, I couldn't believe that sort of thing even happened! :o

Oh dear I hope its not happening in any of the groups I admin if it is please let me know so I can correct the people asap!

Pr do still pay people to cross post (which I think is legal as its under advertising costs) and they will be hitting mups pounds soon as they are now in wagga, forbes and now walgett. I even saw a post from someone that said "so and so from pr are trying to save the wagga dogs today please call her at...."

Keep an eye out guys because it looks like PR is doing the rounds on facebook. I had one person deleted already who was plugging them from overseas and now there are a couple more today who aren't locals advertising dogs via PR on our local buy and sells. :mad