Possibly Need Somewhere To Board My Basset

I'm trying to find a way to make this work. There's a possibility that my basset's pet therapy test has been moved to Saturday the 24th of this month. Would be fine however my mother is flying up from Melbourne to Sydney and we've arranged to stay in Sydney that night and our accommodation isn't pet friendly, to drop her home first before going to Sydney would make it at least 7 1/2 hours driving! As she isn't considered 'current' with her vaccinations as I don't vaccinate yearly I can't put her in a kennels(and quite frankly I'm not a fan of kennels any way) so i need to find a homestay type option or similar for her. Wondering whether anyone can reccommend someone, for at least her and maybe my kelpie too(kelpie will fret if left at hom alone so I may have to resign myself to bringing her with me as well). We'll be coming up from Wollongong and staying I think near my sister in laws family who are at Terrey Hills so somewhere en route would be great if possible. Other option is that it may be possible to change our accommodation if anyone can reccommend something in the ku-ring-gai area that will allow us to bring the dogs, would have to be OK with us leaving them at the accom though as we are going out to dinner with the family(I would just put their beds in a bathroom or similiar and they'll just sleep the whole time we're out).

Edited by kelpiecuddles

What about finding suitable accommodation and then finding the nearest vet and boarding them there for the day/night?

Clyde used to live in Terrey Hills so she might be able to make a few suggestions. PM her if she doesn't come into this thread or you don't get any recommendations.

Our "babies" ..... such a worry LOL.

That's an option as I guess they would be less likely to take issue with them being vaccinated less often. Might be a good back up but I'd prefer to have them in a home type accom as neither of them have ever had to stay overnight at somewhere like a vet or a kennel.

It would be great if we could find somewhere to stay that will allow us to have them there, they are so quiet and so used to travelling so they'll just sleep wherever I put them when we go out, they won't be any trouble.

Do not use the lady in east nowra, I forget her name. I used her and she put my dog back in my yard and left it there alone. The whole reason I wanted a pet sitter was because the dog jumped fences and couldn't be left alone in the yard and I told her that.

What about finding suitable accommodation and then finding the nearest vet and boarding them there for the day/night?

Clyde used to live in Terrey Hills so she might be able to make a few suggestions. PM her if she doesn't come into this thread or you don't get any recommendations.

Our "babies" ..... such a worry LOL.

An unknown Vet might not accept non-vaccinated dogs.

:(

Actually they will happily sleep in the boot area of the car, hadn't thought of that, and it isn't likely to be even warm let along hot. Good back up plan Ish

When we travel interstate they have slept in the boot while I slept on the back seat.

Edited by kelpiecuddles

KC, sometimes 'non-pet-friendly' can become 'pet friendly' if you go about it the right way. Depending on your accommodation, you still might be able to negotiate having the dogs with you if you are up-front with the owner, explain the situation and promise 'you won't know they've been there'. I've done this before. For me it meant taking rugs/blankets to cover furniture, their own beds and bowls and plenty of poo bags and poo patrols. I actually inadvertently turned a B and B in the Clare Valley 'pet-friendly' by doing this. Good luck.

I think it's worth a shot - particularly as it's only for one night (?) - and would seem by far the easiest solution for you and your dogs. thumbsup1.gif Often they'll say 'yes but not on beds and furniture' but I find plenty of big rugs do the trick!!! Good luck.