What Needs To Be Done

Any adoption from any rescue should come with a copy of the desex certificate. Unless the dog

was already registered as a desexed dog (which of course we all know u need a desex cert to do that)

Regardless of what has happened. It needs to be dealt with.

As stated there are different options and roads to take, but I guess that is between the buyer and the rescue.

Unless another group is willing to help out in this situation.

Did he adopt from a site that stated the dog was desexed?

I guess without all the information in regards to how the dog came into care to how it was advertised and

rehomed it is hard to find the reason behind why it is rehomed without confirmation of desexing.

There is no law saying a dog/cat has to be desexed if rehomed via a rescue. For most though it is something

they feel strongly about ethically. So we assume everyone does it.

This ended up being a huge mess. I figured out that the dog was pulled under another groups 16d and that the dog was still in that rescues name because they refused to sign the dog over to this rescue without a desex certificate. This rescue got really mad that the dog would not be signed over stating the dog had all the vet work done weeks prior. We organized desexing of the dog and it is now desexed and being signed over to the new owner. :thumbsup:

Edited by HappyCamper

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that the dog is sorted out.thumbsup1.gif I hope that the poor owner now knows how rescue should work.

The rescue with the 16d will hopefully rethink letting other "rescues" use their hard-won access. If another rescue is determined to save that particular dog and doesn't have a 16d, they should offer to foster and fundraise vet fees for that dog for the first rescue. It is not all that hard for rescues to work together in cases like that, but (in my opinion) the group with the permit should be the group rehoming any animals taken out under that permit, unless an official inter-rescue transfer is done ( in which case, basic vetwork needs to be done BEFORE the transfer.)

I would also just like to echo Anne's comment - it would be great, Happy Camper, if you first spoke privately with an experienced rescue person for guidelines on matters like this.

Public queries can cause a lot of drama plus often things get misinterpreted second and third hand. Posting in here, unless it is a hypothetical, should be last resort after all parties have had a chance to sort things out. Just my take on it.biggrin.gif