Sudden Severe Drooping Eyes

So very sorry , RIP Doof :rainbowbridge:

We told our then 4 year old that the vet was helping our dog to not be in any more pain, that she was sore and there was nothing else that we could try. The conversations were plentiful, but I think my grief affected our daughter more than the actual loss of our dog.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harley I think it's the same here, mummy spent all day crying, doof is missing, cue meltdown from toddler. She went to get his bowl at dinner and then put it back and said quietly 'doof's not here' :cry:

Slightly funny story in all this, I've always said that before my dogs go they can have a block of chocolate because then their life experience would be complete. The only chocolate in the house was a huge block of Cadbury marvelous creations, the one with the popping candy. So we get there and sit on the floor and start giving it to him and he has a few bites then starts spitting it out. Pulled out a different piece, doesn't want to go near it. I don't know if it was that he didn't like chocolate or the pop rocks or something. So my vet comes in and hubby and I are both laughing quietly at the irony of it while I scrabbled through my bag and dug out every toddler snack I could find, which he seemed to prefer over the chocolate :laugh:

So sorry PuddleDuck. Its never easy.

RIP Doof. I can tell you were very much loved by PD and the family.

:rainbowbridge:

I don't know where you stand with religion but we aren't particularly religious so our take on death is that when we are old we have to go to sleep forever and that we go in to the ground and our body and love feeds the plants and flowers to make the world a more beautiful place so that everyone can remember us. This comfort has helped ease the loss of many animals at our house. We always go to the nursery and choose a little plant which the kids put in the garden for the animal to help grow.

As I grew up we did this. Planted a tree over their body, i love going back there to see the trees now :)

Harley I think it's the same here, mummy spent all day crying, doof is missing, cue meltdown from toddler. She went to get his bowl at dinner and then put it back and said quietly 'doof's not here' :cry:

Slightly funny story in all this, I've always said that before my dogs go they can have a block of chocolate because then their life experience would be complete. The only chocolate in the house was a huge block of Cadbury marvelous creations, the one with the popping candy. So we get there and sit on the floor and start giving it to him and he has a few bites then starts spitting it out. Pulled out a different piece, doesn't want to go near it. I don't know if it was that he didn't like chocolate or the pop rocks or something. So my vet comes in and hubby and I are both laughing quietly at the irony of it while I scrabbled through my bag and dug out every toddler snack I could find, which he seemed to prefer over the chocolate :laugh:

My daughter is nearly 9 now and still remembers how bad I was :(

Your chocolate story made me smile. Smile because I can see just how much you loved Doof. Take care :hug: