Coats

aliwake

Hi Piper, I got the rain coats not the winter ones. The winter ones are lined with fleecy stuff which looked too hot for a double coated breed in my coastal area where we live. IMHO even in a colder climate a BC wouldnt need a "winter" coat.

My boy is a big boy at almost 57cmm from top of shoulder to start of tail. Stella is smaller at 55cm. I brought 55cm for both.

I think if I were you I would remeasure your 2 & be sure of their back measurement . From how you describe them you have it right though. If they are in between sizes I'd go the size down. The Hurtta is very adjustable everywhere so it is the back sizing you have to make sure is right :)

Edited by BC Crazy

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I totally agree about the Weatherbeeta ones, I'm always fiddling with them too. Can anyone recommend a good option for mainly sleeping in cold places? I don't need it to be waterproof, just comfortable and secure. We have a lab and by cold I mean around 0-5 degrees. She gets cold in Sydney inside our house though so I think I'll need something pretty warm. I don't really want to get sweaters or anything woollen/woven as I think she will chew it off. I've noticed with her Weatherbeeta that when she puts her head down to sleep it's very stiff where it does up at the front and digs into her neck, so I'd love something with stretchy fleece at the front like the Chilli Dogs ones appear to have. Can anyone compare the Hurta coats with the Chilli Dog ones, in terms of comfort and security? Thanks!

I have the Winter Hurrta for Ziggy - he really feels the cold and I use it when we camp (was -2C on the weekend) or to keep him warm between agility runs. It's a gorgeous coat and is also water proof. I like how it really gives him coverage on his flank and croup. I also have him sleeping on a self warming heat pad on those freezing nights. It was so cold on the weekend that I threw a light blanket over him as well which he burrowed into.

I totally agree about the Weatherbeeta ones, I'm always fiddling with them too. Can anyone recommend a good option for mainly sleeping in cold places? I don't need it to be waterproof, just comfortable and secure. We have a lab and by cold I mean around 0-5 degrees. She gets cold in Sydney inside our house though so I think I'll need something pretty warm. I don't really want to get sweaters or anything woollen/woven as I think she will chew it off. I've noticed with her Weatherbeeta that when she puts her head down to sleep it's very stiff where it does up at the front and digs into her neck, so I'd love something with stretchy fleece at the front like the Chilli Dogs ones appear to have. Can anyone compare the Hurta coats with the Chilli Dog ones, in terms of comfort and security? Thanks!

It it doesn't need to be waterproof then I'd love the look of the Chilly Dog coats from K9 Pro. They look really cosy, comfortable & warm to me. For an inside dog that feels the cold. They would be my choice.

Hi Piper, I got the rain coats not the winter ones. The winter ones are lined with fleecy stuff which looked too hot for a double coated breed in my coastal area where we live. IMHO even in a colder climate a BC wouldnt need a "winter" coat.

My boy is a big boy at almost 57cmm from top of shoulder to start of tail. Stella is smaller at 55cm. I brought 55cm for both.

I think if I were you I would remeasure your 2 & be sure of their back measurement . From how you describe them you have it right though. If they are in between sizes I'd go the size down. The Hurtta is very adjustable everywhere so it is the back sizing you have to make sure is right :)

I think my ones are the winter ones as they are lined, & no way are they too hot for them at my place. But this is the first winter that I have needed to use them. they go to bed in them :)

the non-waterproof WB?

Mine are definately the winter jacket ...they have a fur collar... Clean Run

I have just put them on them again tonight as the temperature is plumetting. They love them so much,that they willingly stick their heads in :laugh: Thanks goodness the winters here are very short :(

Edited by sheena

• 2 weeks later...

Just read through this thread with interest. Absolutely adore all the canine models. You all look lovely, darlings!

Had a good look through and after considering what it was i wanted from a jacket, decided upon a Hurtta raincoat for Jester. All I want is a waterproofer. Obviously he doesn't need warmth with all his fluff. Yes I know, double coat and water protective outer coat... but sometimes it is nice to NOT have to towel off a dog every day after walkies. As he is white, I went red, of course :thumbsup: Measured him from shoulder to hip and voila, exactly 55 cms. Hopefully it is accomodating for a deep chest but from what I have read on here I don't think I should have any worries.

Also, Crazy Sales has a sale on the jackets at the moment. It's not as good as the $45 someone mentioned paying for them earlier on (I am not sure what size they were referring to either) but it's better than paying full price.

:thumbsup:

Check Ebay - I just managed to get a really good price for them on there. I am guessing blue is not such a popular colour as they had blue cheaper than red or black so my girls have blue :)