Coats

aliwake

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good to know guys, thanks. I do actually have a horseland very close by, but it's quite a small shop. I might call and find out if they stock the dog coats there. Would be good to check by the sound of it!

Sorry OP for joining/derailing your thread but I thought it might be easier than start a new one...

I have a little terrier mix (maybe Tenterfield / JRT), who is short coated and really feels the cold. The fact he had a few bouts of muscular myositis probably aggravates the issue :-(

Even though we are in Sydney, and it isn't supposed to be that cold, the house gets pretty cool and isn't heated. He wears fleece coats (Hamish McBeth) which I feel don't really do a good job of covering his neck, loins and thighs especially when he's curled up in a ball.

Any particular make / brand recommendations for a small dog? Also, do you think it would be an overkill to love it on him all day and night (except for the 2 hours of walk exercise he gets), as he is very sedate at home (and isn't great at going under the blankets unless someone holds them for him)? The house temperature is around 14-15 in winter.

Stan and Maddie have a bit of a wardrobe happening in the coat department :o

Stan is at the other end of the style scale, he totally rocks his flanno and Souths beanie :laugh:

What do you mean the other end of the style scale?

Stan is IT. Covered in a flanno & beanie or lounging au naturel, Stan is IT.

Enough said.

Dear adorable & stylish Stan.

:love:

ETA: abject apologises to Maddie. Sweetie I missed you lounging and looking decadent. xxxx

Edited by VizslaMomma

fbaudry I would get a set of pjs made by Little Gifts and then if needed throw a coat over the top.

I've custom made quite a few coats for cold dogs and can double layer them wherever it is needed. I have several different styles now too as not all dogs like or can wear the pj style but still need good fabric coverage on the back thighs or belly. I aim for cuteness and comfort!

Go to the link below, check out the Custom Made Coats photo album and all the styles are there. I base my price on how much fabric is needed.

I think Sid must have a Hurrta knock off. I just picked it up at Pet Barn.

He wore it in between runs during his ET last year.

1150901_3425432931205_500734157_n.jpg

Yeah I started with these. They are nice but were too warm for walking the border collies in. Similar pattern.

Love all of our model dogs as well :thumbsup:

JulesP, Red is definitely Poppy' colour. So suits her :love: I'm getting the red one for Stella as she is a red girl as well.

The coats look great. Look very water proof which is exactly what I want.

Edited by BC Crazy