aliwake

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Everyone,

Since there seems to be a fair amount of interest in the Hurtta range in thistopic, if anyone is interested I will be doing a special order early next weekon Hurtta, my supplier has told me today that stock levels low and limited andthat there will not be any further Hurtta items available this cold season, soif interested DM me with your email and I can see what I can do.

**Edit to include email [email protected]

Edited by Tail_Wags_the_Dog

Lovely models!

Nixon that scarf really compliments your fur biggrin.gif

Love the red Hurtta. I really want the black one, but it seems I'll have to do an international shipment for that one.

Love the look of the Hurttas but they look way too narrow between the front legs for the kelpies :(

Not really sure what you mean? They don't have front leg holes. Poppy is pretty chunky, she weighs 22-25kgs :laugh:

Didi has a cute weatherbeeta on the way so come Tuesday she'll no longer have to sport my daggy old jumpers :thumbsup: don't know how long the 70cm will fit her seeing as her back's already 63ish

Slightly OT.

My friend lives in Wyoming and always laughs when I mention putting coats on dogs and horses. Are Aussie's precious in that respect?

I got my dog coats from a US company...... US horsey people certainly rug too, but they call them blankets.

A non dog friend laughed here when I said I had rain coats for the dogs. Then we went for a walk in the rain and she saw how soggy they got and said she knew why I had the coats.

Yeah I have ranch friends who don't blanket, their horses just grow very heavy winter coats. Only my show friends blanket and in blizzards or heavy snow some of the ranch horses are stabled. All have open stalls.

I don't think we're soft or precious!

In my experience its much easier to keep condition on them (horses and dogs). Why wouldn't you take advantage of "technology" and rug/blanket your animal (unless they're turned out and its dangerous. Even my mum who's on a working sheep farm throws an extra blanket and scoop of hot water (on their meals, not ON them) for the working dogs during winter and the older, retired dogs are rugged of a night and moved to the wood shed.

I think it's kindness and caring for your assets.

M.U.D. coats are definitely the best. They don't smell all that flash at times though...

The other thing I love about the Hurtta is that it takes nanoseconds to remove. When it's freezing cold I can keep Zig warm until just before he goes in the agility ring.

Ziggy loves, loves, loves his coat! He will nudge it gently if he's cold and I forget to put it on him. Em wears it only when her teeth are literally chattering and she's either curled up in the back of the car in a ball or so focussed on getting back in the icy water for the next retrieve that she barely notices she's wearing it.

Jules your girl looks super gorgeous in the red!

Edited by The Spotted Devil

My boy used to chew the front of his coats and get out of them from there, I think he didn't like the pressure on his chest. Now I buy the Lilcracka with a neck piece in it and he loves it, always the first to greet me at the gate.