Coats

aliwake

Sonny is a definite 60cm JulesP & SC. Big boy . He is quite long in body. I might remeasure Stella actually she may do be 55cm. Her present coat is 60cm but does hang a little over her hind quarters. I hope so as I would like to take advantage of the special.

The price isn't that great. I had a quick look and Pets Providore have them cheaper at $45.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sonny is a definite 60cm JulesP & SC. Big boy . He is quite long in body. I might remeasure Stella actually she may do be 55cm. Her present coat is 60cm but does hang a little over her hind quarters. I hope so as I would like to take advantage of the special.

The price isn't that great. I had a quick look and Pets Providore have them cheaper at $45.

Oh ok then, thanks JulesP :)

Any suggestions guys for an "all round" all day type coat?

something they can sleep in, but also be outside in during winter?

My dog loves being outside, and is not fussed with the rain, but as it gets colder want to ensure he's got a bit of protection from the elements.

Wiz in her new Winter coat :)

c2a96dbd-0b82-4376-b600-d99f5378e9b9_zps5f3fddba.jpg

It's a Trail Blazer coat from Chilly Dogs.

Totally off topic - I assumed Wiz was a boy. Now I feel silly :) I think I might have even called her "handsome" on facebook once. Oh well, girls can be handsome and she really is stunning.

My dog loves being outside, and is not fussed with the rain, but as it gets colder want to ensure he's got a bit of protection from the elements.

I like weatherbeetas - good quality, good fit, warm, waterproof (in some cases) easy to repair and easy to get off if a dog decides they're not happy in their coat. About the right price.

Totally off topic - I assumed Wiz was a boy. Now I feel silly :) I think I might have even called her "handsome" on facebook once. Oh well, girls can be handsome and she really is stunning.

lol don't feel silly SM! She is very handsome :) she's totally a tomboy :laugh:

Here's Didi in her new Weatherbeeta

10369200_863478240348235_1464059131381081144_n_zps59aa5ffc.jpg

She looks really little in the photo but don't let it fool you... the coats a 70cm. We're having the problem of when she moves the coat rides up a lot so I was thinking of making to elastic loops for her back legs to stop the coat moving forward, sort of like the leg straps of a horse rug. Has anyone done this/have a different idea from stopping it riding up?

She looks really little in the photo but don't let it fool you... the coats a 70cm. We're having the problem of when she moves the coat rides up a lot so I was thinking of making to elastic loops for her back legs to stop the coat moving forward, sort of like the leg straps of a horse rug. Has anyone done this/have a different idea from stopping it riding up?

Maybe you need to let it out in the front (make more neck space)?

Maybe you need to let it out in the front (make more neck space)?

I probably should have specified that by 'riding up' I mean the coat will work its way up so the neck opening is right up by her ears and her bum/back uncovered so if anything the neck space needs to be tighter I think. The coat doesn't fit her thaaat well since she is much longer than she is tall/stocky and everything is already as tight as it can go and it's a bit loose so I thought the leg loops would just hold the coat in place and stop it from sliding all over her.

It's really just an overcoat for obedience/walks/being left outside when it's really cold or raining so it doesn't need to be snug, just needs to stay in place.

My standard fav is Weatherbeeta. (sp?)

Been looking over coats. Have at least 8 of them, all different sizes & ages. Been worn many times and still OK.

Someone here had a link for specials on them too. I'll try to find the link.

:thumbsup:

My heart just LEAPED!!!!!

This was the fav' coat of my darling heart boy, Gabor. He wore it for 8 years. )Autumn/winters of course)

I have such a GREAT grin to see how beautiful Didi looks in her ensemble.

:love:

My heart just LEAPED!!!!!

This was the fav' coat of my darling heart boy, Gabor. He wore it for 8 years. )Autumn/winters of course)

I have such a GREAT grin to see how beautiful Didi looks in her ensemble.

:love:

Awh! Yes it is a very pretty coat, I love the colour. If only Didi shared your enthusiasm about it... :laugh:

I feel quite mean now, I'm in canberra with a labrador, but I don't really ever put a coat on her. She sleeps inside, I tried doggy pyjamas for her once but she ripped them off!

As labradors are bred for cold climates, I'm worried she will get too hot in a coat and won't be able to get it off.

I like the one Wiz is wearing, it seems the most suitable for a labrador as it looks pretty lightweight.

I feel quite mean now, I'm in canberra with a labrador, but I don't really ever put a coat on her. She sleeps inside, I tried doggy pyjamas for her once but she ripped them off!

As labradors are bred for cold climates, I'm worried she will get too hot in a coat and won't be able to get it off.

I like the one Wiz is wearing, it seems the most suitable for a labrador as it looks pretty lightweight.

Aussie my lab went until he got old and sick without a coat where it snows, we did try once when he was healthy and fit and he took it off.

Labs are very well insulated I think!

It is def more light weight for the chilly dogs range, they are made in Canada for their super freezing winters. I did have the more hardcore Great White North coat on her last winter but it does get quite cold where we are! But I like the fit of the new one (it's a Trail Blazer) better for her this season. she is very active and runs around a lot so I don't coat her a lot.

Edited by huski

Terri - many Danes do better in the likes of what D&D make (on Facebook) or the Chilly Dogs Chilly Sweater as it slips over the head, there's a chest piece and it buckles over the back. They don't move like weatherbeetas.

Terri - many Danes do better in the likes of what D&D make (on Facebook) or the Chilly Dogs Chilly Sweater as it slips over the head, there's a chest piece and it buckles over the back. They don't move like weatherbeetas.

I was a bit hesitant to buy Didi a D&D coat because so far it hasn't been very cold and it won't fit her next winter plus I was more looking for something that'll keep her dry and the D&D waterproof coats don't have the chest piece. Next winter I'll be snapping one up though, they're really great.