Coats

aliwake

Elbie and Hoover don't particularly like wearing their vests from the wolfsden, but Dodge loves wearing his. He seems to feel the cold more than the other two. We don't leave Dodge unattended in the yard with his vest but sometimes when if he is crated when we're out, he'll be wearing his vest.

fleecevest.jpg

Edited by koalathebear

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question folks regarding Hurtta dog rain coats?

Not sure what size to get ? Sonny back measures 57cm but his chest & neck measures quite a bit smaller than the size for the 60cm coat on the chart on the Hurtta web site. So being in between sizes should I buy the 55cm one for him because the neck & chest measurements are more suitable for him & it's only 2cm shorter? I think the 60cm might swim on him.

Stella measures 55cm exactly but the chest & neck sizing for the 55cm coat are way to big for her. Again should I drop 5cm to the 50cm to get the chest/neck measurement closer to her fit?

Quick question folks regarding Hurtta dog rain coats?

Not sure what size to get ? Sonny back measures 57cm but his chest & neck measures quite a bit smaller than the size for the 60cm coat on the chart on the Hurtta web site. So being in between sizes should I buy the 55cm one for him because the neck & chest measurements are more suitable for him & it's only 2cm shorter? I think the 60cm might swim on him.

Stella measures 55cm exactly but the chest & neck sizing for the 55cm coat are way to big for her. Again should I drop 5cm to the 50cm to get the chest/neck measurement closer to her fit?

I went with the back size. The neck is very adjustable. The chest bit is pretty adjustable too. Amber was my skinny child and the chest bit is fine for her.

Poppy can wear Amber's coat which is the size down. It doesn't look too tragic.

I have some coming from the Wolfs Den :) They look great

me too, they look fabulous. excited now!

I am getting them so that their chest is covered and if its cold they will have those and then their double polar fleece with tummy wrap over the top. Mine are in their dog yard with kennels when I am out so I want them nice and toasty :)

Plus little sod Wilson has suddenly decided he likes to pull his off! So these will help stop that.

Poppy in Amber's coat which is a size down.

2iqhi4m.jpg

24fcy81.jpg

Oh thanks so much for your help JulesP. Appreciate it :)

Poppy doesn't look out of place at all in Ambers coat. She is very cute by the way. I am going to go with you & size down for Sonny. So both 55cm here.

Edited by BC Crazy

• 4 weeks later...

Tried out our new Hurtta rain coats yesterday. Love them. They fit very well. Sonny's is a little short but the next size up would definitely of flogged him & it certainly doesn't look too short. Stella's is perfect. They are made out of much lighter fabric than I expected which is great as they wont get too hot. Still seem to keep them fairly dry as well. Very happy with them.

Thanks again for your help with sizing JulesP :D

Didn't think it would be cold enough but I guess it is very wet at times. Sometimes it just isn't practical to have a wet dog especially inside your home. I know when we go in our caravan on hols, you certainly don't want 2 soaking wet BC's inside :eek: That's when I really get quite a bit of use from our coats in the pouring rain.

Tried out our new Hurtta rain coats yesterday. Love them. They fit very well. Sonny's is a little short but the next size up would definitely of flogged him & it certainly doesn't look too short. Stella's is perfect. They are made out of much lighter fabric than I expected which is great as they wont get too hot. Still seem to keep them fairly dry as well. Very happy with them.

Thanks again for your help with sizing JulesP :D

Goodo :thumbsup: Yeah they are nice and light. I used mine last summer and the dogs didn't get too hot.

Poppy in Amber's coat which is a size down.

2iqhi4m.jpg

24fcy81.jpg

My two BC guys have been having their Hurta coats put on lately, when the sun goes down & have them on till about 7.30 in the morning. I can't ever remember it being so cold here :( & have never had to use their coats before unless walking in the rain, but they sure are coming in handy now.

I recently bought a Weatherbeeta coat for our dog and I'm a bit disappointed. It was the most expensive one in the range but I don't like the way that the belly strap is just a thin piece of webbing, it cuts into her belly if she lies in a weird position, even when it's loosely done up. Also the back of the coat rumples up when she's sleeping and lets all the cold air under. It's my fault as I didn't look closely enough before I bought it, but I wouldn't buy that particular one again. Like the look of the Hurta and Chilli Dog coats much more.

The Hurta ones like on Jule's dog have a panel that goes from their neck, under & between their front legs, then fastens with a buckle at the top. Mine have had quite a thorough testing & stand up to all sorts of treatment & still stay in place. I do take them both off in the mornings though, before I let the dogs play together, otherwise they would turn them into tug toys :laugh:

Both my guys had Weatherbeeta rain coats before I got our new Hurtta rain coats. The main reason I wanted to try something new was the WB coats didn't seem to stay in place & I was forever fiddling with them. They also weren't rain proof. IMHO the Hurtta ones are a better shape. They fit much better. There is elastic loops to put your dogs hind through to help hold the coat in place. Best of all they weigh next to nothing. Bit like a spray jacket if you will. My girl who doesn't like coats tolerates this coat very well. I think because she doesn't get overly hot. Big YES vote here for them.

Edited by BC Crazy

BC Crazy - which style Hurrta did you get and what sizes? I am not sure if I should look at the rain coat or the winter coat for my girls? Jazz is a fairly big bitch but Cinna is quite small so I am guessing 1 would be 55cm and 1 50cm.