Looking For Participants For A Survey

Diana R

Done. I did my old girl. I responded assuming you want answers for 'as the dog is now'. She was more reactive and energet when younger, though has always been a calm girl. I say she's not energetic, but she's still quite happy to run for 3 miles.

Done for two dogs. For some of the questions I would have liked to be able to differentiate more between how they are with people and how they are with other dogs, and in particular situations.

Done for two dogs and I agree with Grumpette how much it shows the differences between dogs in the same household.

It does, doesn't it!

Rottweiler....calm, calm, calm, calm...(I was starting to worry, bit like when you keep choosing all C's in a multiple choice).

But then,

Terrier X... let's just say, she rectified the lovely imbalance of calmness in the household. :laugh:

Done for two dogs and I agree with Grumpette how much it shows the differences between dogs in the same household.

It does, doesn't it!

Rottweiler....calm, calm, calm, calm...(I was starting to worry, bit like when you keep choosing all C's in a multiple choice).

But then,

Terrier X... let's just say, she rectified the lovely imbalance of calmness in the household. :laugh:

You also notice how they balance each other, and when they are together how they complement and enable each other.

Dee is more confident with Zeph around and Zeph has more prey drive when she is around. They are double trouble, hence why they get to do things individually as well.

done one for each of my dogs :) i agree with what everyone says, it really shows how different they are, i always thought they where very similar, but those questions really made me think about it and realize that thats not the case.

Thanks so much for all of the responses everyone! Currently at a touch under 300 completed surveys, so it's going really well :D

Just a quick question for anyone that's been having trouble with Qualtrics playing up - from my end it looks like a lot of people are stopping at Q44, which is the very last question at the end of the DIAS section.

Is the software dropping out when you attempt to move onto the next section, or are people stopping there because they see that they are less than halfway and it's taking too long to complete?

I've currently got about 100 surveys that aren't finished and it looks like at least a third have stopped at the same question - I've got a little bit of feedback that suggests that it's a software issue so will chase it up, but I want to know if there's anything else that I can do to make it less difficult for people to participate.

For those who are having problems with it dropping out, it should save all of your answers for a week from when you started so (fingers crossed) if you go back in, you shouldn't need to re-do the start.

Yep, there seems to be a few sections of CBARQ that multiple people would like some more flexibilty or options in. DIAS, CBARQ and the Monash DPQ are all published surveys that are currently being used in dog personality and behaviour research. As I'm looking at how well the results of each of the surveys correlate to each other and to how owners describe their own dogs (in their own words), I can't change anything or the results won't mean much.

I am keeping all of the feedback in mind though, as it's useful to help understand where the biggest issues for owners are when filling them out and to give an indication of where validity or reliability problems might crop up (if they do), so keep it coming as I appreciate it!

Yep, there seems to be a few sections of CBARQ that multiple people would like some more flexibilty or options in. DIAS, CBARQ and the Monash DPQ are all published surveys that are currently being used in dog personality and behaviour research. As I'm looking at how well the results of each of the surveys correlate to each other and to how owners describe their own dogs (in their own words), I can't change anything or the results won't mean much.

I am keeping all of the feedback in mind though, as it's useful to help understand where the biggest issues for owners are when filling them out and to give an indication of where validity or reliability problems might crop up (if they do), so keep it coming as I appreciate it!

That sounds like a good plan. With several of the questions - e.g. about dog's reaction to unfamiliar person when in the car etc., I really wanted to say .. it depends on whether I'm there or not. If I'm there, and/or the dogs are on lead, thes reactions are quite different.

Another thing that made me wanat to add something, was that my dogs spend a lot of time with me, and being incidentally trained - so some of what I've said might have been heaviliy influenced by training or management.

But certainly interesting. Hope you get lots of responses.