Elderly Golden Retriever Found In Bungendore

This lovely boy 'Snowy' was found in Bungendore at the end of April. He's chipped but there is a disconnected phone number.

Queanbeyan pound keep dogs for 21 days so his due date would be 19 May.

This the link to Canberra Lost Pets facebook page

This is Snowy in the pound(

No516_zps960c7d75.jpg

Edited by bazilybazbaz

This dog was found wandering at the showground in Bungendore by one of our client's daughters. They rang me about rehoming him as they had spent a week trying to trace his owners. I explained that he had to do his time in the pound or under DoC. I also sent a text to them with a link to Golden Retriever Rescue, however I don't know if they made contact.

I'm pretty sure I read elsewhere that the pound were notified that the people had found him. He was a bit of a mess when he was found and it was at night and the people who found him gave him a bath and cleaned him up and took him to the vet the next morning to be checked for a chip. He's an old boy and it's freezing at night at the moment :(

And if he had gone to the pound straight away his owners may have found him ?

Not as simple as that juice, although I know what you are saying.

Our LGA doesn't have a pound, we share Queanbeyan City Council pound but many residents of Palerang are not aware of that. The people who found him genuinely did not know the legal procedure & when I told them, there was no hesitation in sending the dog to the pound. In fact it is the vet who is at fault here, though he may have been found on the Easter long weekend, I can't remember now!

It is likely that sometime in Snowy's life he has been rehomed & the new owner has failed to update the chip details, hence the disconnected number..... but, who is owners are & where they are is a complete mystery, again his owners may not know to look in Queanbeyan pound, although he has been postered in Bungendore.

Snowy was sold this morning :thumbsup:

Don't know any details other than he's been sold.

So glad he's out of the pound!

Thanks trifecta, for the background on him. I posted him here in the hope someone in your area knew something about him!

Edited by bazilybazbaz

Snowy was sold this morning :thumbsup:

Don't know any details other than he's been sold.

So glad he's out of the pound!

Thanks trifecta, for the background on him. I posted him here in the hope someone in your area knew something about him!

YAY! So pleased he is out of the pound & will get those manky ears treated :thumbsup: