Cat Saves Child From Dog Attack

Aidan3

Just read that article about getting the cat to pitch the opening ball at a baseball game. :eek:

No way in hell I would be taking a cat to a field with thousands of screaming people about. You would want to be wearing full body armour and shoulder length gauntlets I reckon to put a cat in that sort of situation :laugh:

Otherwise, you might find yourself with a cat just like Pinky "a really loving cat"

:rofl: :laugh:

Oh dear, that poor man, and cat (since it was obviously frightened) I suspect the man had some serious damage. They could use his scream for sound effects in movies since it was a genuine scream of agony. :o

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the safe, healthy, friendly dogs getting PTS in shelters every day, I'm a bit cynical about using a dog like this as a form of publicity. If he'd just found himself in a bad situation, as did the Golden that k9Pro took on, that's a different story.

Looking at the video, I'd say the cat took its cue from the mother, who was rushing toward her son. I think both the dog owner (neighbour) and the mother were negligent. The former for letting the dog get out while backing his car out of his driveway and the latter for letting a four-year old child play so close to a road where he could have been hit by a car let alone attacked by a stray dog. Too many young children have been killed be people backing cars out of driveways.

My link

He was on his own property with his Mother there. No one was backing cars out so I fail to see the issue. The day kids can't play in their own front yard is a sad one indeed.

I have a four year old and she's perfectly capable of following an instruction to play on our own driveway without going on to other peoples driveways and getting under their cars. The mother was there pretty quickly so she was obviously supervising her child when it happened.

I have a four year old and she's perfectly capable of following an instruction to play on our own driveway without going on to other peoples driveways and getting under their cars. The mother was there pretty quickly so she was obviously supervising her child when it happened.

I'm glad your daughter is so well trained - unlike the young girl that got of of her mother's car on the off side and ran straight in front of my car - the sort of behaviour that necessitates those annoying 40 km/h speed limits around schools and school buses. Then there are young children that manage to drown themselves in backyard pools and farm dams - which is why we have to install expensive childproof fences and gates around our swimming pools - even if we don't have children. Then there was that young girl in central NSW who wandered off to her uncle's home to feed his hunting dogs and got mauled to death etc etc.

I'm glad your daughter is so well trained - unlike the young girl that got of of her mother's car on the off side and ran straight in front of my car - the sort of behaviour that necessitates those annoying 40 km/h speed limits around schools and school buses. Then there are young children that manage to drown themselves in backyard pools and farm dams - which is why we have to install expensive childproof fences and gates around our swimming pools - even if we don't have children. Then there was that young girl in central NSW who wandered off to her uncle's home to feed his hunting dogs and got mauled to death etc etc.

Better to be safe than sorry. It's not only children that can get into the predicaments you have listed. Pool fences also protect drunken adults or those that can't swim from falling in. Have you never been in a situation where an adult walks in front of your car, especially whilst texting or listening to loud music, or has an adult never been mauled to death by I presume you mean dogs etc etc.

Edited by twodoggies2001