New Food - Sunday Pets

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ivy is on Ziwi at the moment but I am considering Sunday Pets as well. So she gets Ziwi but not everyday.

edit - no more free promotion from me

Edited by Yonjuro

No need to be sorry! Hmm might do a bit more reading about it. I'm trying to keep her diet non processed [as little as possible] as she gets lipomas. Can you break up SP, or are they meant to be fed in chunks? What size is a piece in comparison to a hand?

No need to be sorry! Hmm might do a bit more reading about it. I'm trying to keep her diet non processed [as little as possible] as she gets lipomas. Can you break up SP, or are they meant to be fed in chunks? What size is a piece in comparison to a hand?

edit - no more free promotion from me

Edited by Yonjuro

Yes I would give it a go English Ivy. What suits one may not suit another but you could try it. I love Kiwi Peak & so do bot my guys but as other have said, it is $$$. I am thinking of alternating between the 2 just for variety.

Sunday Pets is different mainly because of it's size. Each brickett weighs approx. 6gm's. I had to weigh it as you couldn't get accurate measurements using a cup, like you would with normal sized dry food. It's good for fast eaters as it makes them chew more, slowing them down. At the moment my girl gets 36gm's per day & my boy gets 60gm's each day for breakfast. They have raw at night. They both are looking very well thus far & seem to like it :)

Awesome, thanks. I'll defiantly give it a go. Just annoyed that it contains potato :(

eta - Just had another look and only the grain free has potato, phew!

And do you feed the "Raw Chow Freeze Dried Lamb" like you would Ziwi?

Edited by english.ivy

Awesome, thanks. I'll defiantly give it a go. Just annoyed that it contains potato :(

eta - Just had another look and only the grain free has potato, phew!

And do you feed the "Raw Chow Freeze Dried Lamb" like you would Ziwi?

The Raw Chow should be rehydrated with warm water, so it is not like Ziwi

Bought the raw chow lamb today. Made the error of adding cold water, not warm. Took me awhile to wonder why it wasn't doing anything. Though when it was sorted, it smelt really good!!

Ivy ate it with gusto, even though it was like slops. Opps.

In regards to the size of a Sunday Pets and fast eaters, I actually find I have to break it down to the smallest individual blocks for my scoffer as he just swallows without chewing properly!! The larger the blocks the more he struggles to swallow and it does not look pleasant. Yes he's a complete guts.

My Lapphund has it for breakfast. I give her the largest pieces I can find and she takes longer to eat it than other food. She is doing well on it. I've been breaking it up for the Cavaliers. If I don't they get it in their ears. I'm too lazy to snood them for breakfast :laugh: They have it mixed with another food so can't really say how they are doing on it but they like it just fine.

My girl just inhales her food most of the time & my boy is the slowest eater on the planet :laugh:

I break the Sunday Pets into individual pieces for both & find it still slows my girl down. She is funny though cause she takes all the bricketts out of her bowl first then eats them. Doesn't do this with any other dry food.

Don't know why :confused: Whether it's the size, I just don't know.

I'm wondering if Sunday Pets are going to bring out different varieties in the near future. I know my guys would love a fish version. I will say they do definitely prefer another brand purely for the fish flavour. I put a small amount of each out the other day just to see what their response would be & the fish variety was devoured first, quick smart. Not to say they don't like Sunday Pets, they do but they just love fish.

Interested to read of your experiences with Sunday Pets and how your dogs are going. Of course, I've had my Springer trialling it: she's taking longer to eat and chewing which is good. The results at the other end are pretty good also.

Re the coprophagia issue I mentioned a while back, I've been talking to a couple of retail clients and may have one or two dogs to recruit for a "very unscientific" trial.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 5mnth old female Golden Retriever. I struggled alot to find her an appropriate large breed puppy (Calcium 0.7-1.2% and Phosphurus 0.6-1.1%) grain free kibble in Australia. Sunday pets is the only one i found that meets this criteria (criteria varies slightly with resources i read) available in aus. I found it online at pets unleashed and was really impressed with the ingredients. I have just started to introduce it and so far been really happy with it. I am keeping my pup lean to avoid adding to the potential of future bone disease large breed pups are prone too. So far so good!