New Food - Sunday Pets

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes cavNott I too will be needing to buy a 6kg pack fairly soon as I will have one going onto seniors & on still on the normal variety. They will go stale if I brought a huge bag of each IMHO.

Problem is BC Crazy is that they don't have a 6kg bag. So we're left with the option of paying big $$ for a few small bags or buying the large bag and maybe having to throw a lot of it out because it's gone stale.

it doesn't make sense not to have a medium size bag. Surely if all other good quality brands have a medium size bag there must be a good reason why this is so.

Yes I agree CavNott. We can only ask. I do keep my dry in a proper zip up hamper which does help retain freshness somewhat. If I had little ones though 6 kg would be great.

I'm hoping they bring out a salmon variety of some discription as well. My 2 love fish.

We've had the loyalty envelopes for quite a few weeks. Quite a few customers using it and giving great feedback, including for the Raw Chow varieties.

The SP website does include a stockist list now.

Mid size bags would be great, but I guess it is one of those things that might happen if the demand is there - much like with Black Hawk.

Sags

:)

I've read this whole thread... but is this really a good food??

Looking at the grain free ingredients it seems it's mostly non-descriptive meat & bone meal, which makes the "100% New Zealand Grass fed Lamb" they advertise slightly insignificant. When I see that in a pet food, it makes me wonder what quality the "meat & bone meal" is, which is largely open to interpretation. If it's from a decent source they'd say so, and if it was a quality ingredient then they'd be using that in their marketing, wouldn't they?

Looking at the grain free ingredients it seems it's mostly non-descriptive meat & bone meal, which makes the "100% New Zealand Grass fed Lamb" they advertise slightly insignificant. When I see that in a pet food, it makes me wonder what quality the "meat & bone meal" is, which is largely open to interpretation. If it's from a decent source they'd say so, and if it was a quality ingredient then they'd be using that in their marketing, wouldn't they?

What exactly is your agenda here?

Actually, I thought the same :) , but I had a look at the pet food review site and it looked pretty good and I think a good idea to have an aussie version of dog food advisor. I would prefer a bit more detail though.

I don't think there is an agenda and hope I am right.

Actually, I thought the same :) , but I had a look at the pet food review site and it looked pretty good and I think a good idea to have an aussie version of dog food advisor. I would prefer a bit more detail though.

I don't think there is an agenda and hope I am right.

I have zero interest in a review site that doesn't give the qualifications of the person doing the reviews.

I don't think much of overseas version either though.

I was wondering the same thing.

Well, I'm due to buy another bag of dry food and unfortunately I won't be buying Sunday Pet food. I'm not prepared to buy a huge bag when my small breed dogs are fed mostly a raw diet.

I do like to give them some dry food and I also use dry food as treats and as much as I like the Sunday Pet Deliganics Senior, I will buy my usual Canidae in the 6kg bag.

I don't go through dry food quickly enough to buy a large bag but the small bag won't last for long, plus it's too expensive to be buying the very small bags.

Suggest you contact Sunday Pets to get clarification. I think you'll find that the "meat and bone meal" is actually of the lamb or beef or whichever protein source. Whilst I think that some of the packaging needs rewriting, I am satisfied that the product is what it claims to be. Not everyone markets the same way.

Sags

:)

Hmm, no agenda... :confused:

I was after genuine thoughts given most of the 16 pages of this thread were raving about the food. I wondered if the positive remarks were based on assumptions or a deeper knowledge of the food. "Meat & bone meal" is what it is, and I doubt it's written on the packaging for any other reason. If it came from the lamb (or beef) it would be written as such.

Sags - I'll ask Sunday Pets for clarification.

On a side note, thanks for compliments on my website, and criticisms are fine too. It's merely ingredients and nutrition analysis, and the reason I don't go into too much detail is to keep the reviews easily readable. I could discuss each and every vitamin/mineral inclusion and state the quality of the source, but that becomes tedious to write and tedious to read.

I actually wasn't completely satisfied with the ingredients list too, and that's what made me decide to not go through with buying the food, despite lots of happy reviews here.

And that is just me being honest :)

Since I started this thread, I will post my update.

I noticed some mucous discharge soon after beginning on new diet in Ronins eyes in the morning but couldn't really pinpoint it to diet as there didn't appear to be anything in this that he has problems with. I had it checked at the vets and they couldn't find anything wrong - no infections etc. I have moved Ronin on to fully raw and I no longer have the problems. Ronin was previously on Taste of the Wild and did really well on it. I really like the shape of the Sunday Pets and this is why I went with it to slow down his eating, but if I went back to kibble I would go back to TOTW and a slow feeder bowl.

I have deleted most of my posts on this thread as I am not comfortable making recommendations and I don't want to promote something I no longer use.

I was after genuine thoughts given most of the 16 pages of this thread were raving about the food. I wondered if the positive remarks were based on assumptions or a deeper knowledge of the food. "Meat & bone meal" is what it is, and I doubt it's written on the packaging for any other reason. If it came from the lamb (or beef) it would be written as such.

On a side note, thanks for compliments on my website, and criticisms are fine too. It's merely ingredients and nutrition analysis, and the reason I don't go into too much detail is to keep the reviews easily readable. I could discuss each and every vitamin/mineral inclusion and state the quality of the source, but that becomes tedious to write and tedious to read.

I actually love fine details, but that is me personally :) Maybe you could do an overview/glossary of various ingredients as a preface to individual reviews. e.g. Maize (corn), brewers yeast, beets, potato etc??

After I look at the ingredients list & I liked the look Sunday Pets from what I could make of it. I am no dietitian. I will give it a try. Most importantly I watch my dogs condition, if they look good shinny coat etc & maintain a healthy energy level. Then that is a winner by me. So far so good :)

Do you actually have any qualifications to be giving these reviews? Degrees etc or is it simply your opinion?

Do you actually have any qualifications to be giving these reviews? Degrees etc or is it simply your opinion?

I was wondering this too, especially after reading the frighteningly inaccurate article PFR provided a link to in another thread.

I was wondering this too, especially after reading the frighteningly inaccurate article PFR provided a link to in another thread.

Curious as well. I just read the review for another food and there is information about protein, mentioning Duck and Turkey and then peas (stated as being 5th igredient but actually 6th) as the only significant forms of protein in a particular food - completely overlooking that the 4th ingredient is red lentils (protein around 25 grams per 100). Good that someone wants to have a go, but it needs to be correct information as it is set up to offer advice.

Well you're a friendly bunch!

Honestly, stating "frighteningly inaccurate" is simply unconstructive criticism.

Curious as well. I just read the review for another food and there is information about protein, mentioning Duck and Turkey and then peas (stated as being 5th igredient but actually 6th) as the only significant forms of protein in a particular food - completely overlooking that the 4th ingredient is red lentils (protein around 25 grams per 100). Good that someone wants to have a go, but it needs to be correct information as it is set up to offer advice.

It depends on whether you take "duck and turkey meat" as one ingredient or two... it's listed as one. Yes I overlooked red lentils - now updated - I only wrote that review yesterday in my lunch hour.

Honestly, I posted on this thread as I was interested in the "meat and bone meal" in this food. I expected a rational discussion, not a witch hunt.