New Food - Sunday Pets

Thats a shame HW.

Must say I too am finding lots of crumbs. The big biskets are making it difficult to measure exactly how much I'm giving them. I have been doling them out into their bowls. I usually just use a measuring cup.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a shame HW.

Must say I too am finding lots of crumbs. The big biskets are making it difficult to measure exactly how much I'm giving them. I have been doling them out into their bowls. I usually just use a measuring cup.

I weighed it. With one of my dogs prone to resource guarding, the crumbs were an issue. Oh well, it wasn't to be :shrug:

I will try the Meals for Mutts grain free now. I seem to recall their rep was rather "interesting" too. :eek:

Edited by Haredown Whippets

I just had a quick browse at the M 4 Mutts grain free. Looks good. I hadn't heard of it before. I wish the fish or kangaroo variety was grain free as well. Anyway I need a set of scales now to moniter exactly how much sunday pets Im dishing out.

I really like the ingredient list for this product so hope it suits but if it doesn't. Oh well.

Whay is it with these reps.....being so interesting.

I just had a quick browse at the M 4 Mutts grain free. Looks good. I hadn't heard of it before. I wish the fish or kangaroo variety was grain free as well. Anyway I need a set of scales now to moniter exactly how much sunday pets Im dishing out.

I really like the ingredient list for this product so hope it suits but if it doesn't. Oh well.

Lots of passion and a thin skin. Like most of us about our dogs and our dog related hobbies I suppose.

Thank you for the feedback guys..... I've had it sitting in my cart for a while now, I guess I just won't go ahead with the transaction.... I wish Natural pet store were selling the 3kg bags of Holistic select and not just the large size :-(

Thank you for the feedback guys..... I've had it sitting in my cart for a while now, I guess I just won't go ahead with the transaction.... I wish Natural pet store were selling the 3kg bags of Holistic select and not just the large size :-(

Pookinuk has the little bags. :)

Lots of passion and a thin skin. Like most of us about our dogs and our dog related hobbies I suppose.

Vets All Natural have stayed pretty professional. And actually paid for advertising.

My dog must be a pig because I have never seen a crumb lying about after his meal :laugh: So much for Huskies being fussy LOL

I must admit I am a bit disappointed that a few people have had no joy with the food. I was hoping to compare notes a bit further down the track - and by this I am in no way having a dig. Maybe it is not all it's cracked up to be?

if you dog does well on it why do you care if it has not suited others? Maybe it is all it's cracked up to be for your dog.

I'll jump in and say that in the 7 months I've had Scottie he has reliably eaten approx 5 things - Ziwipeak, chicken mince, one supermarket brand of wet food, 2 supermarket brands of grain free.

He has gone off all of the above at various times so I rotate him through all of the above with extra protein and other yummy goodies (cheese, yoghurt, bones) to try and temp / keep him full.

I'm happy you started the thread Yonjuro as I feel like I need to keep searching for the holy grail (I think its Ziwi for us - shame it costs so much or i'd put him on the wet too).

I'll keep crumbling the Sunday pets though his wet/mince until the packet is gone as it's not making his eyes mucky or his tummy explode and he hasn't outright rejected it (as he did with the k9 nautral tripe which he flatly refused - wouldnt even go near the bowl).

Just one of the challenges of owning a fussy dog who needs to be grain free.

Will update when the pack is closer to empty.

Edited by Scottsmum

I wanted to give this dry food a try as I liked the ingredient list. I liked what it hasn't got in it as well.

Both of my dogs have special needs. Sonny can't have grain. Stella can't have wheat, soy or corn etc etc So if I can find a dry food that suits both my guys, I will definitely give it a go as I'm very limited to choice.

Edited by BC Crazy

I'll jump in and say that in the 7 months I've had Scottie he has reliably eaten approx 5 things - Ziwipeak, chicken mince, one supermarket brand of wet food, 2 supermarket brands of grain free.

He has gone off all of the above at various times so I rotate him through all of the above with extra protein and other yummy goodies (cheese, yoghurt, bones) to try and temp / keep him full.

I'm happy you started the thread Yonjuro as I feel like I need to keep searching for the holy grail (I think its Ziwi for us - shame it costs so much or i'd put him on the wet too).

I'll keep crumbling the Sunday pets though his wet/mince until the packet is gone as it's not making his eyes mucky or his tummy explode and he hasn't outright rejected it (as he did with the k9 nautral tripe which he flatly refused - wouldnt even go near the bowl).

Just one of the challenges of owning a fussy dog who needs to be grain free.

Will update when the pack is closer to empty.

Have you tried the K9 Natural food from Pet Barn? It is similarish to Ziwi in that it is freeze dried chunks.

http://www.petbarn.com.au/dogs/dog-food-dry/dry-food/k9-natural-freeze-dried-lamb-feast-dog-food.html

JulesP sorry to interrupt but have often wondered about this K9 Natural. So you mix it up with a little water first?

I've never used it. According to the instructions on the Pet Barn page you add some warm water to it.