New Food - Sunday Pets

I'll jump in and say that in the 7 months I've had Scottie he has reliably eaten approx 5 things - Ziwipeak, chicken mince, one supermarket brand of wet food, 2 supermarket brands of grain free.

He has gone off all of the above at various times so I rotate him through all of the above with extra protein and other yummy goodies (cheese, yoghurt, bones) to try and temp / keep him full.

I'm happy you started the thread Yonjuro as I feel like I need to keep searching for the holy grail (I think its Ziwi for us - shame it costs so much or i'd put him on the wet too).

I'll keep crumbling the Sunday pets though his wet/mince until the packet is gone as it's not making his eyes mucky or his tummy explode and he hasn't outright rejected it (as he did with the k9 nautral tripe which he flatly refused - wouldnt even go near the bowl).

Just one of the challenges of owning a fussy dog who needs to be grain free.

Will update when the pack is closer to empty.

Have you tried the K9 Natural food from Pet Barn? It is similarish to Ziwi in that it is freeze dried chunks.

http://www.petbarn.com.au/dogs/dog-food-dry/dry-food/k9-natural-freeze-dried-lamb-feast-dog-food.html

Yes - he would physically avoid the bowl, spat out any I could get in his mouth, the smell made me feel ill and I didnt feel safe playing "wait and see" with it. Gave it away on here and the user who took it said his dogs thought it was just OK. :)

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm the one who trialled it, courtesy of Scottsmum's generosity; it was the green tripe pellets though (not the lamb food JulesP referred to). The smell reminded me, in a milder kind of way, of cow dung. My two ate it, but didn't do cartwheels for it.

I understand it's more of a food one would give to transition a dog from a dry onto a raw diet, to establish the right bacterial flora?

Unfortunately 3 weeks in and my old boy has pretty much stopped eating Sunday Pets :( Bugger, it looked like a great kibble for him! My younger GSP won't knock it back though, so it's senior food for him for a while :)

For anybody living on the central coast of NSW, Superpetz Warehouse (formerly My Pet Warehouse) will have a supply of Sunday Pets. Both small and large bags.

Thanks for the feedback thus far. It's proving popular with retail but early days.

I emailed MyPet Warehouse in Victoria today about this new dog food and gave them the website addy. We've exchanged a few emails in the past so they know I'm not a rep or otherwise involved with Sunday Pet food. They said they would have their Victorian buyer look into it.

It's a shame the Sunday Pet website is so appallingly slow enough to make most of us run out of patience and give up.

I emailed MyPet Warehouse in Victoria today about this new dog food and gave them the website addy. We've exchanged a few emails in the past so they know I'm not a rep or otherwise involved with Sunday Pet food. They said they would have their Victorian buyer look into it.

It's a shame the Sunday Pet website is so appallingly slow enough to make most of us run out of patience and give up.

I'm finding that site speed has improved markedly but if there are any questions feel free to throw them this way. Or to Holistic Pet Foods.

Nix is mad for possum possum poo which is everywhere in our yard, and will often try to eat poo from other dogs at the park (ewww) if I don't get there fast enough. He doesn't eat his own poo often any more, but it does still happen sometimes. :(

I wanted to give this dry food a try as I liked the ingredient list. I liked what it hasn't got in it as well.

Both of my dogs have special needs. Sonny can't have grain. Stella can't have wheat, soy or corn etc etc So if I can find a dry food that suits both my guys, I will definitely give it a go as I'm very limited to choice.

The Mayfield branch of my shop stocks this food. At this stage we've got the 1.5kg bags. If you'd like to give it a go, contact me

And for what it's worth, the rep for this product has been involved in dogs for more years than most of us. She is a really lovely person. Just my opinion :)

Thanks :) I will keep that in mind. My 2 have been on this new dry food for 3 weeks & so far so good. They both like it & seem to be going well condition wise. Time will tell I guess. It only makes up 20% of their over all diet so a bag lasts me a while.

Just to expand on my coprophagia post, there's been some discussion outside of this group re the potential benefit of Sunday Pets for coprophagia given that it appears to be highly digestible. And, accordinfg to my vet anyway, the "poor" digestibility of a food could be one problem (that and too many or two few "vitamins"). Anyway, I was playing around with doing a very unscientific "trial" hence my question. Idea hasn't gotten any further though. :-)