New Food - Sunday Pets

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Stella's Coprophagia is still very much alive & well unfortunately. She has been on Sunday Pets for a month now & was hoping for some improvement but no. I did a little test today & left the yard pick up an extra 5 mins & went indoors to spy through the window & she was like lightening. Straight over to it.

Other wise she is looking picture of health, so far so good.

I don't think Coprophagia has anything to do with reactivity, quality of food, vitamins or anything else. I have one poo eater who has been fed premium dog food and meaty bones all her life. She is twelve now and is perfectly healthy and has never had problems with other dogs or people. Until the last couple of years she had the shiniest coat of any of my dogs. She just likes the taste of poo. I don't think there's anything you can do about it - just avoid kisses.

I wouldnt be surprised if it was genetically linked.

The Vet/Behaviorst that I have treating Stella said that reactive dogs are more likely to be coprophagic There are a high percentage of reactive dogs that are apparently. He is of the opinion it is not diet related either. This is my first dog to do this & she is my first reactive, noise phobic, epilepsy effected girl.

Have to agree with avoiding kisses.

Edited by BC Crazy

I wonder if coprophagia happens much in dogs fed prey model raw - my theory being that most of the nutrients are extracted before passing? My assumptions don't take into account psychological reasons which probably also play a part.

I am grateful I have never experienced it so this post is probably not very useful :)

I can tell you from experience, which is only my experience, Gus is a rampant shite eater, always has been, lots of FC's like to sample their own wares, I hear.

The only thing that stopped it was going totally raw.

We haven't had an incident in ages, boy do I almost miss not shoveling...

NB cat turds are still like truffles to him. Bummer. Haha.

Yeah Mosley has always been a poo fiend. His own usually, with the odd cat crunchie thrown in. Happens more with dry food, no issues when he's on raw.

Hahaha, curse those irresistible cat nuggets!

Yep !!! Stella was very happy with herself the day she came across human excrement in the bush on our daily walk. After having a quick meal she decided to roll in it. Then she ran back out of the bush to me, black, BROWN & white. YUK !!!!! Errrrrr.

I dry retched as I was washing all the 'brown' off.

Edited by BC Crazy