Petplan Premium Increase

aliwake

Just doing some more research and it seems Hollard's must have updated their policies recently? Some now have a 'no claim bonus' now where they give you $50/year if no claims.. also chronic conditions will be paid to the limit on an annual basis not that amount for the life of dog, and you can have pre-existing conditions reviewed after 18 months...

This to me makes them all pretty similar to PetPlan now! The only thing I wasn't sure if after age 9 are the dogs still covered for illness? I can't decipher if it means you have to insure before this age or they are only covered until then?

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Petplan covers a dog for a long term ilnees for the life of the dog. So they pay out on claims to the max each year, but will pay for the life of the dog on a condition not only up to the limit on that condition once. I hope I make sense................

Petplan covers a dog for a long term ilnees for the life of the dog. So they pay out on claims to the max each year, but will pay for the life of the dog on a condition not only up to the limit on that condition once. I hope I make sense................

Yes I knew this about PetPlan, one of the reasons I chose them however, the Hollard policies now all do this too...

If that is so I will looka round I think, especially for the boys.

I am almost certain I will change from PetPlan now too. I rang BWM yesterday and they confirmed that they have recently updated all their policies with changes to now include 'guaranteed life long cover', ability to review pre-existing conditions after 18 months, chronic conditions to now be paid up to the limit i.e. $12,000 each year like PetPlan not just altogether... a few other things too.

IMO Hollards have significantly improved their policies and are much more attractive now. Although they don't pay out 100% you can opt with some for no excess and it would only be $$$ if you have a very large vet bill, which then again may not happen and I guess is just something you would have to be prepared for. I'm looking into BMW, RSPCA and Prosure right now smile.gif

Thanks for the info Sail Away. I'm with BWM and I wasn't sure what there situation is with dogs with a chronic illness. I have a dog with congestive heart failure who needs regular check ups and is on expensive medication. From what you said he and his medication up to the annual limit will be covered.

This is quote from BWM website:

"Genuine Life-long cover!

Once your pet is insured, we will cover all* chronic conditions into old age up to the annual benefit limit each year, provided you renew your policy each year without any break in cover. Certain conditions such as diabetes and arthritis may require costly treatment for the rest of your pet's life. That is why we provide Life-long Cover.

* As long as the condition was not pre-existing (any conditions prior to first taking pet insurance cover). Annual benefit limits are replenished in full on policy renewal as long as there was no break in cover. "

Also I noticed the current PDS has been effective from 2014 - whereas the old one was 'effective from 2012'..

Hi everyone!

Like everyone else on here, just got our renewal with a large increase in the premium!

Wondering if anyone know of any other insurers (other than PetPlan) who offer third party liability in their cover? Or possibly an option covered under renters insurance?

One of the reasons we went with PetPlan was the third party liability, as it was the only way we could get our landlord to agree for us to get our pup when we moved in...