Petplan Premium Increase

aliwake

I thought it was all over, but no... Today my credit card was debited by PetPlan again!!! SO I have sent another angry email, told them I'm going to inform the ombudsman (does anyone know the appropriate details for that?!) demanded a refund within 48 hours, demanded they send me an email and a paper letter outlining which policies I had when they were cancelled etc etc. Will just wait to see what happens.

But really if anyone knows what the ombudsman details are I"m over it now and am ready to send something to them. :mad

Financial Services Ombudsman http://www.fos.org.au/

1300 78 08 08

Have look through the website. Make sure you know what outcome(s) you want to happen.

As I said previously you have to lodge an internal dispute through the company before fos will touch it... Normally just mentioning the word should get them trying to fix it as it'll cost them a fortune if FOS is involved.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I started emailing them at 10 o'clock yesterday, several times. I also put a comment under every photo they shared on their FB page and I have now just had a phone call to say my money has been returned to me. If it is not showing up in my bank account on Monday, there will be trouble.

Thought my saga was over before it started. Haven't had any debits since May and based on past experience of this happening, meant I was no longer covered. I was then debited 3 times, yes THREE times this week. I can see they are trying to make up the months in the middle they missed, but to debit someone 3 times in a week for their stuff up, isn't cool!! I emailed them after they debited twice to say I wanted it cancelled and refunded - no answer, and then the 3rd debit comes out. I may even just go straight to the source and stop the debit from the bank end. Been meaning to cancel that credit card anyway!

Petplan used to have a good reputation, now they are just shonky shonksters!!!!!

Thought my saga was over before it started. Haven't had any debits since May and based on past experience of this happening, meant I was no longer covered. I was then debited 3 times, yes THREE times this week. I can see they are trying to make up the months in the middle they missed, but to debit someone 3 times in a week for their stuff up, isn't cool!! I emailed them after they debited twice to say I wanted it cancelled and refunded - no answer, and then the 3rd debit comes out. I may even just go straight to the source and stop the debit from the bank end. Been meaning to cancel that credit card anyway!

Petplan used to have a good reputation, now they are just shonky shonksters!!!!!

Try bombardment, worked for me. Go to their FB page and under every photo, put your case. And multiple emails, took just over 24 hrs for them to get back to me by phone call.

Just renewed one policy and converted another from 6 weeks free - which apparently requires manual processing and makes you put your credit card details in and then doesn't tell you at any point what the quote would be, so I'm curious as to what the manual processing will entail and whether they are actually going to confirm the price is acceptable before charging my card (I did do a quote separately so I know what I should be expecting, but....who knows).

Ombudsman is definitely the way to go if bombardment doesn't work. I've had great success with the telecommunications ombudsman previously when neither Optus nor Telstra would accept responsibility for a phone line transfer taking over 6 months.

• 2 weeks later...

So I just got a "refund" for my new policy that was only billed for the first time this week....it was billed Monday and three days later I got an email saying the refund had been processed, I was confused, wondered if it was sent in error as nothing was showing up in my online banking but now it it. I have NOT cancelled my policy! WTF??? I knew paying monthly was a bad idea.

Never mind that my 5 year old dog costs me more than 100 more than my new puppy despite same breed and never having claimed...didn't even try to ask for an explanation of that.

Woollies is hollards.

OSO - you won't be covered for anything your dog had suffered before ( eg gastro) even if you've never claimed for it and even if this instance is totally unrelated to the ones before ). I switched when fergs was a wee pup, but he had a stick stuck in his throat when he was with the first insurance company. Six years later, " stick in throat " is still an exclusion on my "new" policy, even though any stick he ste now would have nothing to do with the original issue.

Woollies is hollards.

OSO - you won't be covered for anything your dog had suffered before ( eg gastro) even if you've never claimed for it and even if this instance is totally unrelated to the ones before ). I switched when fergs was a wee pup, but he had a stick stuck in his throat when he was with the first insurance company. Six years later, " stick in throat " is still an exclusion on my "new" policy, even though any stick he ste now would have nothing to do with the original issue.

Yep I have one who will stay - she is the one who gets damaged the most adn had a TPLO. The other two I could move.

They're the only ones in the current market that aren't . The others are all same same (and hollards).

If the brand is tainted (ie the resellers brand, not the underwriter) the company can still go under because people don't want to buy the product through them.

I'm lucky - my premiums haven't increased and they pay out. I have small dogs, and , on average, they are less likely to get ill/die when still young and their treatments are cheaper so it makes sense that the premium is less.