aliwake

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The premium, for my 6 year old Lab, increased by almost $500 :eek:

So your premium has increased by nearly $500 since last year? Last year mine took a massive leap of a 98% increase for my two dogs. It increase again this year but not a major leap like last year.

Edited by cavNrott

Well this thread is a depressing read. I just got my nearly 5 year old Lab's PetPlan renewal and he's now over $300 a year more expensive.

Does anyone know if it's possible to increase the PetPlan excess? I've had a poke around their website but it seems fixed. It would be really nice if someone offered 100%, high excess, no-frills (why am I paying for alternative treatments??) insurance option for the big emergencies -- surely that's not too much to ask!

My Vet sent the paperwork to Petplan for payment and it was sorted within 2 weeks from their side I still need to pay my bit which is more than previously because my dog is 10 and a Great Dane. Even with the huge premium increase I have had this year I am only $104 short of getting my annual premium back so it is simple for me keep my insurance going.

Just spoke to Petplan for another matter and got them to tell me what my increase will be when renewal comes up in April.

I have been paying $41.11 per month and it'll be going to $55.97.

Still a big increase and if I hadn't read this thread I'd be pissed about it. But after reading this thread I'm stoked that it's only that much :laugh:

Edited by melzawelza

Age increases the chance of injury and illness. Higher risk = higher premium. As a general rule, this kind of insurance isn't calculated at the individual level. They will look at key risk factors (breed and age ) when calculating premiums. An individuals no claim history won't necessarily get them cheaper insurance.

• 3 months later...

Bumping this thread again - I just got my renewal letter in the mail for PetPlan and like everyone else my premiums have gone up a ridiculous amount from $49.96 to $75 per month.. I have two exclusions on my cover (silly reasons they got excluded too!!! icon_smile_mad.gif) so hesitant to jump ship to another company as PP will at least 'review' the exclusions and possibly lift them off my cover...

Just wondering what majority of those with PP did after their premiums increased? Did you stick with them or go through another company - if so which one? - Sorry if already said in this thread, I started reading some of the pages but taking too long to read through it all...

Just a quick question. I got a letter in the mail early December (renewal was due 27th Dec) letting me know that my renewal was coming up and my premium as expected was going to increase (by over $20 per dog per month). I didn't want to continue but with my illness in early pregnancy I didn't do anything about it.

Now, seeing this thread bumped up again, I checked my bank and they've taken the money out - despite no further correspondence.

Is that allowed?

Lucky there was JUST enough money left in that account, as I've changed banks and that account no longer gets paid!

I just emailed. I checked my older email and found a email from 23rd December regarding a current claim from when my two dogs had a fight - apparently you have to fill an additional form in the case of a dog fight. I just said no I won't fill it in as I wish to cancel my policy and i'm forfeiting my right to that claim. Also asked for my email to be passed on to the right person if she wasn't the right one (in more eloquent terms). Also asked for my $120+ to be refunded please as I didn't consent to this new contract.

I'm not great with over the phone confrontation so have asked to just be emailed.

I had a long think but decided to stick with Petplan, even with the increased premium I think we are still well ahead and Issy's other hip could go at any time and at least I know they will cover it under her lifetime cover arrangement. I will do some further research if we get a pup down the track but for these two I think it is better the devil we know. They have been very good and we have only had the one glitch over the dog fight, which they paid after I had asked them not to - because we had tracked down the other owner and they had paid up after we submitted the claim.I just returned the cheque.

Edited by coogie

This might be of interest to some - Just read that like PP, BWM will 'review' any pre-existing conditions if no sign/symptoms during 18 months... that's very good news for those who might want to jump ship from PP! http://www.bowwowins...iver_online.pdf

Actually just looking at RSPCA now too and same applies - Maybe Hollards has updated all of their PDS'?