Everybody, Please Meet Mack!

Well, I'm going to chalk up his first night in a new home as a moderate success. He had a little outside time while we ate (VERY food focussed so we'll need to work on his training there) and picked up quite quickly that whining wouldn't get him anywhere, and that alone time isn't going to hurt him.

We're working on making sure he doesn't get too over excited at play, we had a bit of that last night. His giant bunny toy is going away at dinner, as after that it's settling down time. We had a few play-biting incidents which resulted in him being put outside, and he soon got the picture.

No whining during the night! Which we were happy with. Only one accident on the tiles, going to pick up some white vinegar later and mop back over it again. He's been great with toileting outside other than that, we just need to limit his water intake overnight (are a handful of ice cubes okay to keep him hydrated but not busting?) and be more vigilant with toileting right before bed and in the morning.

Off to take him for another walk, which is going super well!

During winter my dogs are crated inside so have no water from about 10pm to 4am (my husband is an early starter).

If it were me, I wouldn't limit water, I would go back and treat him like an eight week old pup, and toilet train from scratch. Meaning no unsupervised time inside until reliable and either waking up during the night or getting up early and taking him out for a pee, putting him back to bed to settle.

And don't forget to consider insuring him while his has unknown or no history! (Have a look at the current Petplan thread and do search for pet insurance threads - couple of good threads I think from memory). smile.gif