Safety Led Light For Small Dog

brutus

Hello,

I am looking to get a LED safety light for my 3.5kg toy poodle, and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations ?

I have heard that the orbiloc ones are very good, but am worried it may be a little too heavy for a small dog (but have only seen these in the packaging).

Any recommendations would be really appreciated :)

Thanks in advance.

Orbilocs are great, bright and not too heavy, but I'd want a good special on them, they're waaay overpriced. I use the Rogz ones which I love - blue is the brightest, followed by glow and pink, then red. Worst that happens with mine is that sometimes if I 'swing' them from the dogs collar they turn themselves off every now and again.

I got sold the Orbilocs one by a staff member at city farmers saying that it very durable, water resistant, lasts a long time etc and that it's the best one on the market. She also said that the others didn't last as long as the Orbilocs. So far so good and no complaints at all. Though it was a fair bit more expensive than the others on offer.

I love the Nite Ize lights available from K9 Pro. The rainbow LEDs are awesome!! I tried it out at agility last night before the ground's flood lights were turned on and I was really impressed. Zeus looked like a rainbow UFO buzzing around! :laugh:

I have LED collars for my guys & I bought an LED armband from a bike shop & I attach that to one of the harnesses when out walking as an extra precaution. I find the collars better than the lights (I had one of them) as the lights get a bit hidden under their chin, especially if they have a lot of fur.

I bought fluro night armbands/wristbands from Kathmandu when they were half price ($4 for 2?) and I snap one on me and one on the leash if we are walking at night so cars can see us. I don't have my dogs loose at night anywhere so haven't tried any of the clip on collar type thingies.