Gone. My Collie Goat

persephone

Last night I found Collie dead .. actual reason unknown - but it seems it was something sudden - she had a mouthful of food . :( She was almost 11 , and was very lean lately .... while still happy as.

Collie was pulled from a trailer load of market-bound feral goats as a tiny kid . She grew fat & fluffy , and thought she was a dog ;) When we had a small mob of pet sheep/goats she was very happy ..but some years ago we lost them all, so found her a friend - a very large pet sheep , called Bruce. The two were inseperable .

As Collie got into middle age , I could trust her around baby puppies , and the annoying cats - she would get annoyed at puppies under her feet - head down and looking as though she would squash them flat ! about 2 cm away she would stop those horns ..and snort very loudly instead :) The pups learnt pretty fast :)

Collie was companionable ... we would often just 'sit' in each others' company ..she would lean against me and enjoy having her ears rubbed .She also used to enjoy having winter fluffy coat brushed out :)

Her favourite thing , aside from food , was to come walking with me & some dogs .....and it was always lovely to have her there :) I will miss that most of all :(

She loved getting into the house yard to eat almond tree branches, roses ,and thistles .... but then would scream blue murder for me to let her OUT! LOL. Funny girl :) There were a few commands/tricks she knew , but mostly she was just good company .

I will miss her a lot ....and so will Bruce sheep .:( last night I sat with him until about 2 am , as he was looking for his friend , and wouldn't shut up, poor old boy .... he wanted to come inside :(

:cry:

10155383_10152121145119007_3021130856723436566_n.jpg

10264686_10152121144889007_8357373067732109080_n.jpg

So sorry to hear of Collies passing Perse. She sounds like she was a lovely old girl with a sense of humour to boot. What is a normal age for a goat? I know relatively little about them

I hope Bruce settles soon - you may just need to look for another Collie goat to keep him company.

Hugs to you and all your critters.

ohhh perse - what a shit couple of days for us ..

collie sounded like such a character - she must have been such a joy to have around. Poor Bruce - I hope he is coping with the loss of his friend

RIP Collie Goat - sounds like you were one in a million little lady.

Give them heaps over the bridge :rainbowbridge:

Hugs perse x

So sorry you lost your friend. I too have goats and understand what amazing animals they are. I too have a ex-feral goat pulled off a meat truck. She is now 12 and every day we treasure.