Help! My Neighbour's Dog Killed My Husky :(

HuskyDrake

I am very sorry for your loss. :( Am I reading correctly that your dog was continuing to be attacked while you called the landlord and police? Were the neighbours not at home while the attack was occurring?

It is very irresponsible behaviour on their part with tragic results when they knew the dog was not safe to have in an unsecure yard. As the attacking dog is also dead I don't know what further action can be taken.

What was happened is I heard some strange noise in my garden at that day, then I came out and saw the bull dog already was in my back yard and was biting my husky.

I got shocked and this bull dog looks crazy, then I immediately knocked my neighbour's door but no one home.

Then I rang the landlord who used to be my neighbour and want her to contact her tenant to stop their bull dog, as I was so scared of their crazy dog.

Through this phone the landlord of the next door told me that her tenant should not have dog here and she asked me to call the police. She also said she will contact the agent.

After I made these phone call I started seeing there were blood everywhere.

My husky was trying to find a place to hide but it make the things worse, because the bull dog was biting him at a conner and he has no where to go.

Then my two neighbours help me to separate the bull dog from my husky and police coming.

Police helped me to send my husky to the vet.

However my husky could not make it and he passed away at that night.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Husky owner I cannot begin to understand how you feel. Such a terrible incident that the bull owners should have seen coming. This makes me so sad to read and angry at your neighbours.

That's true.

If my dog was died because of illness or just so old, I can accept it.

But he died in such way which makes me very very very angry.

And the owner of the bull dogs spoke to my friend that she felt so sorry about the whole thing and she did not know her dog can jump that high.

Shit words!

I already told them their bull dog can jump very high couple days ago, but they did not pay any attention to this!

She's sorry... That's pathetic !!! Shit words is very true what you say :mad

If this happened to one of my dogs they'd have to lock me up I would be sooooo dam angry & upset.

I would be inconsolable & I'd hate to think what I'd do to my neighbor. Not that it would solve anything

I know but I very much doubt I would be able to control myself in all honesty.

I can imagine how terrifying that must have been but I'm a bit shocked that you took the time to go next door and make phone calls instead of helping your dog.

you and me both. R.I.P both dogs, what a way to die.

I am very sorry for your loss. :( Am I reading correctly that your dog was continuing to be attacked while you called the landlord and police? Were the neighbours not at home while the attack was occurring?

It is very irresponsible behaviour on their part with tragic results when they knew the dog was not safe to have in an unsecure yard. As the attacking dog is also dead I don't know what further action can be taken.

What was happened is I heard some strange noise in my garden at that day, then I came out and saw the bull dog already was in my back yard and was biting my husky.

I got shocked and this bull dog looks crazy, then I immediately knocked my neighbour's door but no one home.

Then I rang the landlord who used to be my neighbour and want her to contact her tenant to stop their bull dog, as I was so scared of their crazy dog.

Through this phone the landlord of the next door told me that her tenant should not have dog here and she asked me to call the police. She also said she will contact the agent.

After I made these phone call I started seeing there were blood everywhere.

My husky was trying to find a place to hide but it make the things worse, because the bull dog was biting him at a conner and he has no where to go.

Then my two neighbours help me to separate the bull dog from my husky and police coming.

Police helped me to send my husky to the vet.

However my husky could not make it and he passed away at that night.

I can imagine how terrifying that must have been but I'm a bit shocked that you took the time to go next door and make phone calls instead of helping your dog.

I am very angry of myself about this.

I did try to use something to hit the bull dog but it is useless.

And at that time my husband was not home and I am not strong enough to separate them.

I keep blaming myself about this if I can figure out a way to deal with them

Maybe my dog would not die.

I'm a bit shocked that you took the time to go next door and make phone calls instead of helping your dog.

A person of small stature and not a lot of strength ..shocked/scared, and with two strong dogs in a serious fight ? I don't blame you, Huskydrake .If you were not 100% certain of how to separate fighting dogs .. you were risking your own self .

I'm a bit shocked that you took the time to go next door and make phone calls instead of helping your dog.

A person of small stature and not a lot of strength ..shocked/scared, and with two strong dogs in a serious fight ? I don't blame you, Huskydrake .If you were not 100% certain of how to separate fighting dogs .. you were risking your own self .

and that's very true Perse for whatever size person but I wouldn't have been able to stop myself.

People have died separating their own dogs during a fight - an unknown dog - can't say I blame OP for not getting involved.

Sorry you lost your dog in such horrible circumstances. I would make sure the council fine the owners and I would certainly be taking them to the small claims court or whatever it is called in your state for vet fees at the least.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

People have died separating their own dogs during a fight - an unknown dog - can't say I blame OP for not getting involved.

Sorry you lost your dog in such horrible circumstances. I would make sure the council fine the owners and I would certainly be taking them to the small claims court or whatever it is called in your state for vet fees at the least.

Yes, we will do this, not just for ourselves but for my dog.

This is an awful thread to read through, very frustrating and what should have been avoidable. The owners need to be charged - imagine if there were children playing in the backyard at the time...

Really tacky to make someone feel like crap after witnessing the death of their dog - just reading through it I could sense they were not in a position to help the dog or it would have been worded very differently including words like "received horrible injuries trying to save the dog"..

Not everyone is that dog savvy, lets face it - the dog was attacked in the "safety" of it's own back yard and the owner would have been in an awful state of shock and fear..while we all like to think we would act - unless under the pressure perhaps not all could.

As a kid I broke up a fight between our GSD and a Dobermann, not sure I would have the guts to do it again - my parents went nuts at me telling me just what they could have done to me in that state of mind. Yes dogs will be dogs and that is the reason I will never allow a dog with an aggressive temperament to live in my home and I sure as hell would never rehome one either.

Sympathy to the poster for the loss of their dog in such an awful situation.

Don't blame yourself you did what you could. It must have been a very upsetting and horrific incident to witness. :(

The neighbour next door should be held accountable for their lack of disregard for the safety of the surrounding neighbours.

I'm certainly not judging anyone. Some folk being terrified & in shock they just shut down & simply cant do anything. My mum is like that. She just panic's.

I tend not to think about me in when in comes to something happening to my dogs. I would probably just drive in & end up in hospital or worse. I doubt that would stop me though but we are all different I guess.

Edited by BC Crazy

I agree with you, Andisa, about some of the judgemental words in this thread. Narrow minded and petty.

Some people can't help themselves though and think their words are so important they have to type them when they would be better off shutting up. It seems to be a common occurrence with some of late.

Edited by ~Anne~

Huskydrake did what she thought was all she could do to get help . We all would do what WE thought to be appropriate . That's it.

Whatever one does in an absolutely horrific situation like that is 'right' for them at that time.

Ah, the power of 20/20 hindsight...

In many such cases, people freeze. Huskydrake acted - the best way she knew. A single person acting alone has probably got very little chance of stopping a determined dog hell bent on killing another. At least she is in one piece. Plenty of people sustain dreadful injuries trying to break up fights. Never forget it.

I agree with you Perse. We are forever being told not to get between 2 fighting dogs. I'm sure she did what she could. I get the impression English isn't her first language, perhaps she isn't able to express the emotions and state of mind she felt when she describes asking for help from the neighbours.