Help! My Neighbour's Dog Killed My Husky :(

HuskyDrake

Don't blame yourself, I personally would've smashed it with a hammer but I'm not you and I wasn't there. My friends greyhound was killed recently by a large dog and although he is a big man he could not stop this dog and his beloved pet died on the road in front of him. As you said you tried to hit it with something and then did the next best thing you could when you saw it wasn't working and that was to desperately seek help. My own greyhounds were attacked last month, I feel sick for you and can't imagine your grief :hug:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't blame yourself, I personally would've smashed it with a hammer but I'm not you and I wasn't there. My friends greyhound was killed recently by a large dog and although he is a big man he could not stop this dog and his beloved pet died on the road in front of him. As you said you tried to hit it with something and then did the next best thing you could when you saw it wasn't working and that was to desperately seek help. My own greyhounds were attacked last month, I feel sick for you and can't imagine your grief :hug:

Thanks

Your words do comfort me a lot.

So very sorry to hear this Huskydrake. How terrible for you, I hope the council can take some action, I know it won't replace your beautiful dog, but the other irresponsible idiot owner should be held accountable. I also sincerely hope you can find some peace of mind. Nobody can know how they will react in any situation until they are in it and then you just have to do what seems right in the moment . rainbowbridge.gif RIP Husky dog .

Yes, please don't blame yourself. Everything would of been happening at 10000 miles an hour with the sheer terror that was before you. The blame lays squarely on the shoulders of your neighbor by all accounts.

I'm a bit shocked that you took the time to go next door and make phone calls instead of helping your dog.

A person of small stature and not a lot of strength ..shocked/scared, and with two strong dogs in a serious fight ? I don't blame you, Huskydrake .If you were not 100% certain of how to separate fighting dogs .. you were risking your own self .

I agree with you Perse. We are forever being told not to get between 2 fighting dogs. I'm sure she did what she could. I get the impression English isn't her first language, perhaps she isn't able to express the emotions and state of mind she felt when she describes asking for help from the neighbours.

I'm sensing English might not be the op's first language either & that too could maybe complicate communication at times. Especially in an emergency I would imagine.

Edited by BC Crazy

I'm a bit shocked that you took the time to go next door and make phone calls instead of helping your dog.

A person of small stature and not a lot of strength ..shocked/scared, and with two strong dogs in a serious fight ? I don't blame you, Huskydrake .If you were not 100% certain of how to separate fighting dogs .. you were risking your own self .

I agree with you Perse. We are forever being told not to get between 2 fighting dogs. I'm sure she did what she could. I get the impression English isn't her first language, perhaps she isn't able to express the emotions and state of mind she felt when she describes asking for help from the neighbours.

English is not my first language

But I think I expressed clear about what was happen to the police, neighbour and others.

I did not call for help from my neighbour immediately after things happen because I do not want to anyone got injury.

I just expected the police can come quick or the owner of the bull dog can come back quick.

Until I found out things getting worse, then to ask the help from my neighbours, not the bull dog owner.

I am very sorry for your loss. :( Am I reading correctly that your dog was continuing to be attacked while you called the landlord and police? Were the neighbours not at home while the attack was occurring?

It is very irresponsible behaviour on their part with tragic results when they knew the dog was not safe to have in an unsecure yard. As the attacking dog is also dead I don't know what further action can be taken.

What was happened is I heard some strange noise in my garden at that day, then I came out and saw the bull dog already was in my back yard and was biting my husky.

I got shocked and this bull dog looks crazy, then I immediately knocked my neighbour's door but no one home.

Then I rang the landlord who used to be my neighbour and want her to contact her tenant to stop their bull dog, as I was so scared of their crazy dog.

Through this phone the landlord of the next door told me that her tenant should not have dog here and she asked me to call the police. She also said she will contact the agent.

After I made these phone call I started seeing there were blood everywhere.

My husky was trying to find a place to hide but it make the things worse, because the bull dog was biting him at a conner and he has no where to go.

Then my two neighbours help me to separate the bull dog from my husky and police coming.

Police helped me to send my husky to the vet.

However my husky could not make it and he passed away at that night.

Sorry if I sounded like I was being critical of your actions - that was not my intent. You have suffered a terrible loss and your poor dog dying like that is tragic.

My post was more aimed at figuring out where the neighbours were in all this, whether they were at home and did not assist and the sequence of events.

I know for a fact that I'm not getting near the bitey end of my OWN dogs if they decide to have a real barney... tried and tested actually. The best I could manage on my own was to grab one of them by the back legs to minimise traction for getting a better grip on the other dog... and it seriously take a hell of a lot of stamina and strength to do so for more than about a minute while 2 dogs are seriously fighting each other.

HuskyDrake did what she could to try and stop the attack, but a committed staffy type and a Husky in a fight to the death? - not too sure I'd try to get between them either... and I've actually had some experience and training for that sort of thing.

My condolences to you and your family HuskyDrake - I hope you manage to get some form of action taken by the council - even if it's only a fine for the dog getting out of it's yard. It doesn't matter that the attacking dog is now dead, penalties for letting it happen in the first place must be applied IMHO.

Melzawelza - what fines can be applied for this sort of thing under the act? Surely there are more fines that can be issued than just being at large - such as the fact that it attacked and killed another dog whilst being at large, for instance?

I'd be wanting the book thrown at the negligent neighbours who knew their dog was dog aggressive in the first place. This should NEVER have happened.

T.

I'm not trying to make her feel like crap. I'm genuinely trying to understand.

I've just caught up with this thread and to say I am shocked is an understatement. IF you were genuinely trying to understand, you could have asked for a bit more information on how the attacke happened. Not go boots and all into someone who has just suffered a devastating loss.

Totally unacceptable and deeply hurtful.

I am very sorry for your loss. :( Am I reading correctly that your dog was continuing to be attacked while you called the landlord and police? Were the neighbours not at home while the attack was occurring?

It is very irresponsible behaviour on their part with tragic results when they knew the dog was not safe to have in an unsecure yard. As the attacking dog is also dead I don't know what further action can be taken.

Rosette, I cannot and will never accept the sentiments in your last sentence. There is so much than can and should be done.

1. The neighbours charged with not containing their dog.

2. The neighbours charged with breaking the terms of their lease.

3. The council and police at least expressing their condolences to the HuskyDrake family and promising to do their utmost so ensure no other people and their beloved pets suffer in this horrendous way.

4. The council undertaking to abide by the laws that already exist.

And probably more that I can't think of.

Your sort of comment enables those who should be doing something to continue to do nothing.

Well Number 1 may be achievable though I don't know about the rest. I don't know what people can be "charged" with for breaking the terms of their lease - depends on the wording of the lease.

I look forward to an update from the OP about council actions against the attacking dog's owners.

I'm so sorry for your loss, you must be absolutely devastated :cry: .

Did you see injuries on the other dog? Are you certain that the other dog died? I would just want to be certain that the dog hasn't just been hidden or taken to a different address by the owner (for them to avoid surrendering their dog or paying high fines).

Did you see injuries on the other dog? Are you certain that the other dog died? I would just want to be certain that the dog hasn't just been hidden or taken to a different address by the owner (for them to avoid surrendering their dog or paying high fines).

I was thinking that myself.

Guest hankodie

Agreed Perse, I think some people are being a little too judgemental here and need to back down a little.

I weigh a measly 47 kg and some large breeds can get up to 60 kg. I'd be absolutely hopeless in trying to stop a dog fight especially if it was between 2 large powerful dogs, I could not even IMAGINE being in that situation, I'd be absolutely desperate.

OP, I feel for you so much and I am so terribly sorry you lost your beautiful dog :cry:

Edited by hankodie

I did not see it but both police and vet told us the bull dog was died.

Agreed Perse, I think some people are being a little too judgemental here and need to back down a little.

I weigh a measly 47 kg and some large breeds can get up to 60 kg. I'd be absolutely hopeless in trying to stop a dog fight especially if it was between 2 large powerful dogs, I could not even IMAGINE being in that situation, I'd be absolutely desperate.

OP, I feel for you so much and I am so terribly sorry you lost your beautiful dog :cry:

I know for a fact that I'm not getting near the bitey end of my OWN dogs if they decide to have a real barney... tried and tested actually. The best I could manage on my own was to grab one of them by the back legs to minimise traction for getting a better grip on the other dog... and it seriously take a hell of a lot of stamina and strength to do so for more than about a minute while 2 dogs are seriously fighting each other.

HuskyDrake did what she could to try and stop the attack, but a committed staffy type and a Husky in a fight to the death? - not too sure I'd try to get between them either... and I've actually had some experience and training for that sort of thing.

My condolences to you and your family HuskyDrake - I hope you manage to get some form of action taken by the council - even if it's only a fine for the dog getting out of it's yard. It doesn't matter that the attacking dog is now dead, penalties for letting it happen in the first place must be applied IMHO.

Melzawelza - what fines can be applied for this sort of thing under the act? Surely there are more fines that can be issued than just being at large - such as the fact that it attacked and killed another dog whilst being at large, for instance?

I'd be wanting the book thrown at the negligent neighbours who knew their dog was dog aggressive in the first place. This should NEVER have happened.

T.

We will, for sure.

We will see a lawyer on Wednesday, then decide what to do next.

I did not see it but both police and vet told us the bull dog was died.

Thanks for replying, HuskyDrake.