Is There Anyone Who Does Chook Rescue

The first time he did it we bought him in and treated him with everything, anti fungal and antibiotics, (clavulox, doxycycline and Terramycin) and after a few weeks it finally got better. Then we found it just recurrs. They did all get coryza when they were youngsters, he also introduced himself to the dog feet first so I wonder if he actually has some physical lung scarring from that encounter? Possibly it gets irritated by fresh sawdust. I only noticed it after his run in with the dog, he had bruising but no punctures to his chest. He's had it for about two years, particularly in drier weather. It doesn't seen to affect him otherwise and the vets have done a bunch of tests which all showed nothing, but scarring from his dog fight might explain it.

He's not very good at calculating the odds of a 1,5 kg rooster beating up a 25kg dog.

Edited by hankdog

The first time he did it we bought him in and treated him with everything, anti fungal and antibiotics, (clavulox, doxycycline and Terramycin) and after a few weeks it finally got better. Then we found it just recurrs.

It is definitely scarring from his illness, not a physical altercation with the dog. It is common and there is nothing you can do expect make sure he doesn't get too hot. I have 2 with the scarring and bring them inside on the super hot days, I also discourage them from going broody.