Cane Corso's

sheena

There was an old thread on Cane Corso's but it is over 12 months old & can't be used. I have just been talking to a guy with a pair of these dogs. He looks like the sort of guy who should have a poodle :laugh: He was telling me about the aggression problem he has with his male, describing him as "just goes in & attacks without warning" :eek: but makes a good watch dog. I didn't think this breed would have been legal in NSW :confused:

Yup they are. I know of a few crosses and a lady who had 4 (purebred) and had them all put down for aggression over a few years. They are definitely not a dog for the inexperienced dog owner.

Edited by mixeduppup

There was an old thread on Cane Corso's but it is over 12 months old & can't be used. I have just been talking to a guy with a pair of these dogs. He looks like the sort of guy who should have a poodle :laugh: He was telling me about the aggression problem he has with his male, describing him as "just goes in & attacks without warning" :eek: but makes a good watch dog. I didn't think this breed would have been legal in NSW :confused:

friends imported them some years ago.

All legal. Their lines are as good as they can be outside of Italy.

I have handled them a couple of times ( some years ago). Great fun.

The dogs I know from them as well adjusted, well trained and fine.

Others I have met I would not trust.

Yes they're 100% legal in Australia. There are about 20 odd breeders here, and that's growing quite quickly. Itacor is the best known, seeing as they import a lot of dogs. There is an increasing number of them ending up in shelters and pounds in Sydney, which is where I got mine from (Big Dog Rescue). There are also many Corso Mixes around now too. Not good, they're not easy dogs.

I hope I attached the picture correctly, but this is my boy, Sarge. post-49023-0-56140400-1400745797_thumb.jpg

Yes they're 100% legal in Australia. There are about 20 odd breeders here, and that's growing quite quickly. Itacor is the best known, seeing as they import a lot of dogs. There is an increasing number of them ending up in shelters and pounds in Sydney, which is where I got mine from (Big Dog Rescue). There are also many Corso Mixes around now too. Not good, they're not easy dogs.

I hope I attached the picture correctly, but this is my boy, Sarge. post-49023-0-56140400-1400745797_thumb.jpg

He's a bonny boy.

Lovely head.

:thumbsup:

Ha ha ha, Pepper21. I was going to post that a beautiful boy lived near me and here you are. When do you move ?

Saw you out on the footpath doing work with Sarge a few weeks ago, but as I had several dogs in tow, one of whom would have gone off her rocker, I didn't walk down the cul de sac.

Ha ha ha, Pepper21. I was going to post that a beautiful boy lived near me and here you are. When do you move ?

Saw you out on the footpath doing work with Sarge a few weeks ago, but as I had several dogs in tow, one of whom would have gone off her rocker, I didn't walk down the cul de sac.

Well how about that, such a small world :) Have we ever spoken? We have no set dates yet, but I expect it will be around August. So I assume we have had a conversation!

I doubt Sarge would have tolerated such an outburst from another dog :(

We have a Cane Corso or pretty damn close mix (looks 100% Cane Corso, but came from a rescue, so can't be 100% sure he is pure).

He is the most placid boy I have ever known, very laid back, easy going. His name is Rhino, with the nickname of Slobber Chops. We absolutely adore him.

I havn't met this dog in person, as he is so aggressive towards people & other dogs, that he has to almost permanently wear a muzzle just in case he escapes his backyard :eek: He is fine with their 4 year old daughter apparantly :( He told me his bitch is as quite as a lamb. He has only just moved to our area & as I said, the guy looks like he would be more at home with a SWF. Nice guy though & loves dogs :) just hope he manages to keep it locked up & I hope he is not breeding from him. :eek: Will check that out next time I am talking to him.

that's a concern that there are increasing numbers in shelters. Makes me wonder how well the breeders are screening their buyers.

Sometimes there would appear to have no screening done whatsoever

Only thing that appears to matter is the dollar.

:mad

Geez Sheena :eek: Muzzled in it's own yard in case he escapes, Yiks !! They certainly look like a dog that could be a lethal weapon in the wrong hands or poorly bred.

I haven't ever seen this breed before though I have heard of them. I thought they were only OS. I certainly hope he isn't breeding with him.

Yes Vizslamomma, it's always about the $$$ with some isn't it ? :mad And we all know who suffers in the end :(

The trouble is, like any breed, being in the wrong hands equals potential trouble and possible tragedy.

I saw a puppy Cane Corso at the vets a couple of years ago and he was absolutely beautiful and owned by a woman who'd had them before. I imagine he will grow up to be a "good citizen".