Digby's Adventures In Ice Cream Land

raineth

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Raineth I am so sorry to hear of Digby's passing.

May your beautiful gentle soul Rest in Peace Digby. Enjoy hunting meat pies, eating all sorts of ice cream and make sure you change your coats/jammies as often as you want to.

Huge hugs and heaps of happy memories to you Raineth.

Oh no.... just saw this :cry: So sorry Raineth to hear Digby's gone over the bridge :rainbowbridge:

Thanks for sharing his last few months with us. You certainly made sure he enjoyed every single day. From meat pies to ice cream. He was truly cherished & will never be forgotten.

RIP dearest Digby :angel:

Raineth - I'm more of a lurker than a poster but Digby was one of my favourite DOL dogs - I'm so sorry to hear of his passing. Thank you giving him such a great life and a gentle passing. Your family, Delta and yourself will be in my thoughts. Run free Digby x

I'm so sorry to hear this Raineth :( Digby was too one of my favourite DOL dogs but I'm glad he got to spend his final months being showered with your love, you can see how content he was in your photos. :hug:

Sleep peacefully Digby :rainbowbridge:

I am going ok LG, thanks for asking :), Just trying to get used to him not being around, and catching up on a lot of sleep that was lost in his final weeks.

Its been good to come in here and read everyone's comments. Thanks everyone for your kind words :grouphug:

Its really time for me to share the amazing and surreal thing that happened to Digby on his last day.

We were at the park and he was having a rest. A group of people there thought Digby was magnificent (they called him 'your magnificent beast' :)) and they asked if they could kneel in front of him in worship.

We were kind of surprised by this as you could imagine! And I said sure, and told them it was actually his last day as he had terminal cancer.

So we left Digby on the bench, and they surrounded him and knelt down, and many of them were crying, and I was crying too.

It was so strange. And I know it was probably just that they were doing some sort of challenge or treasure hunt, but it felt like the logical ending to my beautiful boy's life and his final 8 weeks where we spoiled him rotten.

export1of2.jpg

Anyway, I didn't want to post this before because I was too sad to look at photos and knew that this is not a story that could be told without the photo.