Bathtime Dogs

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grizzly hates having a bath

I would hate to think how much drying Grizzly would require. :scared:

Thats the fun part, usually about two hours to dry and comb his coat through. It takes me around eight hours once a fortnight to bath and groom all the dogs. :eek:

I couldn't get a snap of Vinnie last night because he was wriggling around too much. He looks like a dalmation because of all the spots :rofl: He gives me a look of betrayal but he's very good. Drying him is the crap part. He hates towels.

My guys love the towel dry.

They love winter only because they get to go out in the rain and then have a towel dry in front of the fire when they come in. Just imagine trying to dry one dog, while the other dog is pushing in under the towel trying to get their turn. You get as wet as they do. You now have to drape the towel over both dogs, get them to stand still and level, and rub as fast as you can. You must dry as much as you can, because the resultant zoomies and rolling on their beds can get messy if they are still wet.

Thank God for a wash and wear breed.

After much research and deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that the length of a dog's fur is directly proportionate to how sad and pathetic they manage to look when being bathed. :p

I think this is evident by Silentchild's extremely traumatised looking Aussie laugh.gif

Pagan has the most pitiful expression when she is being bathed....that was her first bath with us, so my boyfriend thought he should get in the tub (boardies on) to comfort her.

Lols...she is heaps bigger now and still has the saddest expression when you rinse her off after a play at the dog park. :laugh:

poor abused dog.

Also, the one time i took her to pet barn to be washed, she screamed bloody murder and we both emerged soaked, bedraggled and traumatized with soap suds still in. Not going to be doing that again anytime soon! :cry:

post-27838-0-04723800-1401535905_thumb.jpg

I came home today to one muddy puppy, I was a little preoccupied to take a photo during the bath but here is one after I rescued him from the dried mud balls

34100079-356d-459d-a499-63caf6d2e1f5_zpsa83ee909.jpg

and here's Sarah helping 'dry' him :p

8A594DC7-5299-42DF-9821-A6C544FA1E04_zpsdrss0tza.jpg