New Family Member (photo Update Page 3)

HugUrPup

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be wary of passing on undesirable personality traits, the learned ones would be easy taught to a pup I'd imagine and there's probably a lot going on in that clever noggin that hasn't come to the forefront yet.

Perhaps a more experienced person/actual breeder can be of more help.

I'd just worry about raising a litter of fearful, resource guarding dogs.

she spent the first 15 months of her life in a great home and was trained really well.

The past 6-7 months have been awful for her, but fortunately she is still a very sweet and gentle dog.

There is something so special about this girl.. regardless of her breed.

I'd just worry about raising a litter of fearful, resource guarding dogs.

There won't be any litter happening here. I doubt my teacher will breed with her either (I hope not).

The papers were offered to us, I never asked for them.

Dogmad, I guess charging the $300 would prevent just anyone taking her. If you are willing to pay, you are serious about the care IMO. I wonder had the girl I have got sold rather than given away, she wouldn't have been neglected.

I wish people went through rescue organisations when re-homing, unless it's to someone you know well.

She is seeing the vet tomorrow. I wormed her today. Not sure about desexing as yet.. she was meant for breeding to start with, but not sure how long it will be before she has recovered enough from the trauma she has suffered before going through having a litter etc

My crate is too small for her but I will get a bigger one tomorrow. She is outside with Miley while the family eats dinner and then she can come in to eat when my 2 year old goes to bed.

Actually charging $300 wouldn't stop the wrong person taking her. The phone was running hot while I was there, they couldn't care less who'd taken the dog as long as they got their $300. They were advertising her as 2 years of age and great for making puppies with. She was actually chipped as 7 yrs of age and had a mouthful of rotten teeth.

As a purebred, she was doubtless appealing as a money making machine in some people's eyes, popping out puppies.

I am not sure how many homes she'd had before I bought her but she's now in a permanent home where she'll always be groomed and always get vet treatment when needed.

There is no shortage of unwanted poodles and it took 3 months to find the wonderful home she's now in, with another little Toy Poodle (she loved playing with my dogs). Not too many enquiries on her but a few from homes that had no idea about the breed or the grooming requirements. One home planned for her to be an outside dog, sleep in a kennel with their Staffy and shear her alongside their sheep.

There is no shortage of unwanted poodles and it took 3 months to find the wonderful home she's now in, with another little Toy Poodle (she loved playing with my dogs). Not too many enquiries on her but a few from homes that had no idea about the breed or the grooming requirements.

There is a shortage of unwanted poodles here in South Australia. I am always getting calls from people who would like an older dog. Many have been looking for months & sometimes call me back to tell me they have settled on a cross breed as they couldn't find one. They get snapped up in days here. Rescues & pounds hardly ever get purebred poodles in here.

There is no shortage of unwanted poodles and it took 3 months to find the wonderful home she's now in, with another little Toy Poodle (she loved playing with my dogs). Not too many enquiries on her but a few from homes that had no idea about the breed or the grooming requirements.

There is a shortage of unwanted poodles here in South Australia. I am always getting calls from people who would like an older dog. Many have been looking for months & sometimes call me back to tell me they have settled on a cross breed as they couldn't find one. They get snapped up in days here. Rescues & pounds hardly ever get purebred poodles in here.

Maybe they could contact NSW and VIC breed clubs or rescues? It's not too expensive to get dogs across from here to SA.

Those before & after shots amaze me. How on earth could anyone let this happen just astounds me. There is NO excuses :mad:(

Good on you for saving this girl. Hopefully she comes around with things taken slowly. What a difference a decent bath & groom can make. Lovely girl, good luck with her :thumbsup:

:mad You get that with pound dogs. I don't care if people can't afford a groomer, this doesn't happen overnight, they can see the knotting begin...get a pair of scissors from Coles and do something!!! :mad

Exactly..Even if you are broke you can afford a cake of soap & a pair of scissors & a brush from the dam $2 shop. That's all I used when I couldn't afford any better. Years ago, I have gone hungry on more than one ocassion so the Border Collie I rescued didn't. There is NO way I could have swallowed a mouthful of food if I thought he was going to go hungry & there wasn't going to be enough to go around. You just do, don't you....

Edited by BC Crazy