Can Anyone Who's Visited Coota Pound Message Me Asap.

Please message me if you have visited coota pound since I took over coordinating rescue. Cheers

Am curious Hannah whats up!!!!

Nothing bad

I posted this as my status last ngiht so will post it here as it will be an open letter to the editor in tomorrow' paper

My letter to the editor which will be appearing in the paper soon. I implore anyone that has visited Cootamundra Pound to get behind the proposed building of the new pound. The animals and staff really need it. Please contact me for more information about supporting this

Dear Cootamundra Council.

Firstly I would like to thank you for all your cooperation with rescue organisations regarding the pound dogs. To have a council so focused on rehoming dogs in such a responsible and caring manner is very refreshing. I have truly enjoyed working with you over the past 2 years and your staff are to be admired. Unfortunately I cannot say the same for the current pound facilities. They are most definitely below acceptable housing standards and are not only unsightly but pose a heightened disease risk due to general degradation, improper housing regarding infection control as well as where they are situated in both fine and inclement weather.

I am aware that there is a draft budget which has been drawn up and $120,000 has been put toward the building of a new pound in the coming year. I cannot get behind this and support this enough. Not only will it be able to house cats and dogs in proper and acceptable accommodations but will be more inviting to prospective rescuers and adopters as well as posing a much lessened infectious disease risk.

I hope that Cootamundra Pound will be the first of many that follow suit in providing acceptable housing for impounded animals.

Again I thank and respect your wonderful staff for all they do in the name of saving lives, they are truly fantastic people.

Regards,

Hannah