Please Ignore.. Finding Out Stuff About The Poodle

HugUrPup

How do you know the dog wasn't treated for anything? Fleas etc?

And why isn't there a facebook page condemning the owner who let the dog get into such a state in the first place?

Sorry, but as someone who has worked in shelters and pounds the staff do their best and these facebook hate pages are the height of immaturity. All they do is take time and energy away from the important work. Maybe you could volunteer your grooming services to actually help out rather than start a hate page?

I groomed the dog myself the day the owner picked her up and she had thousands of fleas. When she was bathed the water ran red with blood.

I treated her and the next day there was not a single flea on her. Wasn't that hard to make her comfortable.

The pound was asked why she wasn't treated and they said because she was going to be PTS.

The first owner paid to release her.. not realising that she had been neglected.

I am pretty sure a puppy farmer got hold of her and I am already a part of Oscar's Law. I hope that clarifies things for you.

Edited by HugUrPup

This is taken from the page.. which also has photos.

"Here is a story which will break your heart. A few days ago I was contacted by a distraught woman who had picked up her dog from Moonee Ponds pound. This dog she had not seen for 7 months as she had re-homed her and unfortunately the new owners neglected her terribly and she escaped. The pound had her for a WEEK before they tracked down the original owner and during that week they allowed her to sit matted in her own stench flea ridden to the point of anemia and malnourished to the point of being able to see her spine. They did not flea treat her, remove her matting, bath her, worm her or care about her. Their excuse was that they were going to put her down anyway if they couldn't find her owner. Well excuse me people, even if she was to be killed by you, you could have at least made her last week more comfortable. She COULD have been re-homed. She is a beautiful natured young girl with not a single aggressive bone in her body. You decided to destroy her simply because of her unkept coat. You people should be ashamed. As you can see, it only took a few hours of mine and my friends time to make her beautiful again.. attractive enough to be re-home-able to say the least. She is now comfortable and happy and has a new forever home. Only 1 day after being picked up from your pound.. that's all it took. When we washed her the bath water turned red with blood from all the fleas eating at her. How could you leave her like that for a week!?!?!? I don't understand.. you are supposed to be a place that rescues animals. SHAME!!!"

In NSW, pounds don't rescue. Im not sure what they do in Vic or at the pound where she was held. The fact it is called a pound though makes me think it is also an impound facility, not a rescue. Impound facilities hold animals that have been abandoned, are found roaming, or that have been seized. While they should be ensuring she was not in unnecessary pain and or undue suffering, the condition of the dog was not life threatening.

Being smothered in fleas, having a matted coat and being underweight for a week in a pound would not have been ideal but this is not a homely environment. Its a temporary measure while the future of the animal is determined.

The dog would have been in that condition when it arrived. Treating it for fleas was possibly pointless as it would have continued to pick them up while it was there. I agree that if she was having trouble toileting due to the hair then a pair of scissors could have been used to help her.

There used to be a limit to what pounds could do with dogs in their care as they didn't own the dogs until after their impound time was up. I had a collie come in who had sticks intertwined in it's hair basically hobbling it's hinds legs together. I did cut out the sticks but could do no more until the dog was actually past it's impounded time. Instead of going of at pounds maybe you should direct your energies at the people that allowed the dog to get into such a state in the first place.

Bloody hate pages, how ridiculous

Original thread link for non-facebookers My link :)

IMHO Facebook won't help your cause much. It gets people into a tizzy and the nutters start calling pounds abusing the staff, death threats as well! I'd just take it higher up the ladder of command. A council employee once told me that. Don't complain down, complain up.

If she was stolen....do you mean someone is telling you porkies? :eek: Be careful!

Just to clarify, Moonee Ponds appears to come under the Moonee Valley Council. They don't have their own pound. Like the vast majority of (suburban and semi-rural) councils in Vic they contract out to other facilities. On the MVCC website they state that:

Have you lost a pet?

At this time we do not keep a register of lost or found animals, as we do not have a facility to keep animals, however we are investigating the introduction of such of a register as part of our Domestic Animal Management Plan 2013-2017.

All dogs and cats collected by Council are taken to:

The Lost Dogs Home

2 Gracie Street, North Melbourne

9329 2755

[email protected]

Yep, I've been told porkies. Lost Dogs home didn't get any poodles from Moonee Ponds and Lort Smith transferred what they thought was a "white" poodle X to the LDH on the 28th of April.

I have to get them to look into that dog and see if it's her.

Hard to transfer microchip details over without the real information. We want her desexed too as the vet thinks she may be coming out of heat or just going in. If she was wandering on heat she may have gotten pregnant. This needs sorting asap.

Edited by HugUrPup

so who on earth got the money?

I think the first question to ask was "was there any money paid". One less than remote possibility is that the person who "rescued" the dog (ie first owner) is the one that let her get into this state.

so who on earth got the money?

I think the first question to ask was "was there any money paid". One less than remote possibility is that the person who "rescued" the dog (ie first owner) is the one that let her get into this state.

Ok the 2nd owner is the person who apparently (she said) paid to get her out of the "pound". She said the microchip was still in the breeders name but she was down as an emergency contact. The 3rd owner never transferred the details at all so can't be located.

The breeder was also not contactable, which is why the 2nd owner got the call.

That's her story and she's sticking to it.

She is sending the paperwork over the weekend. Let's hope it happens so this dog can legally be re-homed and desexed.

Why would the second owner be down as an emergency contact? Wouldn't it be the other way around i.e. the Breeder might have kept themselves as an emergency contact when transferring to the second owner???

Is the Vic chip register difficult to change ownership like the NSW? In NSW, if it isn't in the 2nd owner's name (given the 3rd owner may not even exist) she cannot sign the dog over unless she is willing to sign a stat dec to say it was her dog and provide proof. If she is potentially responsible for the dog's condition I can't imagine she'd want to do that.