11 Year Old Greyhound In Renbury

Benny says thanks for all the well wishes and love. He feels very flattered, if confused, by the attention. He is also going to be a very well dressed and warm greyhound for winter. He slept well last night, though didn't eat then or this morning. He went for a good walk with my crew and I can confirm that he is a very lively 11 year old who is definitely NOT cat safe! He came to work with me today as I just want a little more time with observation before leaving them all alone for the day, with or without muzzles. He went to the vet clinic today and has had his nails clipped. They were too long and tough for my little clippers (must invest in a dremel), but it was money and time well spent as he is now walking much more naturally. He's lying in my office, half on and half off his bed (could have brought the smaller one in).

The vet's say that he's got extra long cuticles, so trimming the nails as short as ideal will take time. He's also got a few pressure sores, but he is sleeping on soft beds with doonas and fleece blankets so I'll be keeping an eye on them. His teeth will be worked on and I'm showing no photos till they're better! I'll give him a few weeks to settle a little, then get him Green hound assessed.

I think future updates (and there will be many!) may not be in the rescue section. Benny will never need rescuing again if I can help it! But he will continue to pop up on the greyhound thread or in general discussion. He's also keen to meet as many well-wishers and fans as possible so if you're around the northwest of Sydney, so is Benny!

imagejpg2_zpsd315e927.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think future updates (and there will be many!) may not be in the rescue section. Benny will never need rescuing again if I can help it! But he will continue to pop up on the greyhound thread or in general discussion. He's also keen to meet as many well-wishers and fans as possible so if you're around the northwest of Sydney, so is Benny!

:laugh: :laugh:

Benny is working his crafty wiles. :thumbsup:

:laugh: :laugh:

Benny is working his crafty wiles. :thumbsup:

And only 24 hours in :scold:

Brandiandwe I'm so very pleased to read this thread! I can't imagine a better spot for this dear soul. Much love to you and you DH, I hope it works out for all of you, hounds and humans alike.

I am doing a collar order next week... From here: http://stores.ebay.com.au/Regal-Hound-Designs?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

I would love, love, to return a collar gift to you and Benny... You know what I mean... :D

Let me know which one you think would suit him. I'll look for a.n excuse to come up and hand deliver it.

Brandiandwe I'm so very pleased to read this thread! I can't imagine a better spot for this dear soul. Much love to you and you DH, I hope it works out for all of you, hounds and humans alike.

I am doing a collar order next week... From here: http://stores.ebay.com.au/Regal-Hound-Designs?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

I would love, love, to return a collar gift to you and Benny... You know what I mean... :D

Let me know which one you think would suit him. I'll look for a.n excuse to come up and hand deliver it.

You are too kind! And always welcome. I'll make another cake and maybe this time we could eat it together!

Scritches to your pack, but especially Ursula and Zander.

He needs to convince DH not me.

Apparently he managed to wangle half my PhD's sandwich off her today, so his appetite is obviously coming back. But I'm wondering what he's used to eating!

Go Benny!!! :rofl:

Smart and good looking!

Yay for Benny

:thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

I am putting cottonwool in my ears to stop the sounds of the jealous gnashing of teeth, but I have met and walked with and had my photograph taken with the glorious Benny. Brandiandwe took Benny to Parramatta Park so I could meet him and get some much needed soul salving.

Benny is the man for that :thumbsup: What a lovely laid back boy he is and what a Greyt Grey Owner is Brandiandwe.

I learnt that his teeth don't chatter because he is cold, but rather he is happy LOL.

He was much admired by passers by who actually couldn't pass by, but had to stop and talk.

He met a couple of little dogs, a bulldog with the strangest bark (debarked ??) tried to tell him off (that was while you were in the cafe, Brandiandwe), but no reaction from BBB (Big Beautiful Benny) at all.

It was a lovely couple of hours, thank you so much Brandiandwe and BBB.

Anyone else looking for a beautiful spot to walk your dogs, Parramatta Park is tops. Really lovely.

I'm happy for pix to go up as proof LOL.

Thanks VM :o

He is a lovely boy. You'll have to join us one day, as I am hoping there will be more days to enjoy like yesterday. Next time, I intend to bite the bullet and take Tamar. She is an SFW and timid at the best of time and freaked if taken out without her family, but the area is so beautiful, that I know she'd love it and BBB is so friendly, I think she'd relax after a while.